VIP Part Time Host - Cineplex Cinemas Varsity and VIP
- 55 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON ON M4W, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex VIP Cinemas is changing the movie-going experience in an exciting and innovative manner. Featuring licensed lounges, luxurious reserved seats, and great food, Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers guests an exceptional service experience in an adults-only environment. Our well-stocked bar offers cocktails, martinis, beer and wine selections. Our diverse menu includes popular selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. The wide variety of VIP food and drink contribute to Cineplex’s ranking as one of the top 15 food and beverage providers in Canada.
As a rapidly expanding area of Cineplex’s business, the Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers exciting food and beverage career opportunities for energetic, experienced individuals who are looking for growth and development in the food and beverage industry.
The Cineplex team is passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience and offers enthusiastic professionals an exciting opportunity for growth and development in the hospitality industry.
Right now Cineplex is looking for a dynamic Host/Hostess/Runner
Hosts/Runners at VIP Cinemas act as ambassadors for the VIP experience. Hosts/Runners are responsible for positive guest interactions while greeting and serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
They greet and seat guests prior to their dining experience, act as a concierge who answers all guest’s questions and orientate them to the VIP experience.
- Working Directly with the Public – Enthusiastically greeting guests in the VIP lounge, engaging guests in friendly conversation; setting the tone for a personalized VIP experience
- Preparing the service environment – Preparing the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks
- Delivery of food and beverages to guests - Expediting and delivering items to guests, ensuring that they are dropped off in a timely, courteous manner consistent with VIP standards
- Communication of VIP experience - Staying updated on current menu options, specialties and menu deviations; sharing in-depth menu expertise with guests to promote products and services available within the VIP Concept
- Maintain a clean workspace –Washing glassware and utensils after each use; maintaining a clean, well-organized service area; performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the Managers.
- Determining levels of service – Utilizing provincial safe service training to determine if a guest has been over served alcohol
- Able to legally serve alcohol in Ontario
- Positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude, and excellent communication skills
- Superior understanding of hospitality and customer service and proven ability to deliver an exceptional guest experience
- Organizational behavior to establish consistency in the guest experience
- Proven problem solving and quick thinking skills in fast-paced situations
- Math skills and computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is considered a plus
- Extended periods of time standing, walking, bending, carrying and assisting with various service tasks
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
Health & Safety:
Management will be held accountable for the Health & Safety of all employees under their supervision. Management is responsible to ensure that machinery and equipment are safe and that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures. Employees must receive adequate training in their specific work tasks to protect their health and safety. All reported injuries that meet reporting requirements must be reported immediately to the General Manager and the Health & Safety Manager.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please