Graphic Designer (14-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our home office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Graphic Designer, reporting to the Sr. Multimedia Designer. Please note: this is a 14-month maternity leave contract position.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and advertising were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of art, you fell in love. Design is a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian’s be inspired to seek our pleasure at some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more.
As a designer, your work will be seen by millions of people across the country.
You’ll get to help evolve existing brands and help build new ones. We are looking for a confident, curious, strategic problem solver and a collaborator. Someone who can take ideas from brief, to a sketch and to the final art without a hitch and are consumed with creating and refining ideas that are engaging. You will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Effectively and consistently deliver design solutions (inclusive but not limited to print, in-theatre creative, outdoor ads, digital/mobile & social media ads, marketing collateral, menu boards, and packaging) with high visual impact.
- Participate in the creative process from concept to visualization and final execution.
- Collaborate with the creative in-house team (including creative leads, project managers, copywriters, and other designers) and our business partners to ensure that the creative output communicates desired message within creative brief and brand guidelines.
- Support the creative team in evolving our brands (including Cineplex, Cineplex VIP, The Rec Room, Playdium, WorldGaming Network, plus more).
- Leverage existing concepts and artwork and versioning and/or adapting them for the purpose of a specific request, application or new opportunities.
- Support the Sr Multimedia Designer in developing concepts, preparing mock-ups, and pitch decks for various projects and marketing initiatives.
- Photo manipulation, editing, and compositing as required.
- Prepare, optimize and output images and assets for online and mobile use.
- Package and deliver final files for various printers and their individual requirements.
- Continuous self-learning and keeping up to date with relevant programs.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Exceptional layout and typography skills
- Excellent understanding of print standards, colour space & print methodologies
- Excellent understanding of digital and social media ad guidelines.
- Team player with eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Advanced knowledge in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite
- Be committed to professional development, staying on top of design and industry trends.
- Expert attention to detail, and an eye for catching inconsistencies
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure and to a strict deadline
- A creative thinker who can manage multiple projects at a time from concept through to completion.
- Previous experience working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please