Director, Digital Strategy - SCENE
- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5C 2W1, Canada
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than eight million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies and restaurants. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®* debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program visit www.scene.ca.
SCENE GP is looking for an innovative leader to build SCENE’s product strategy and digital capabilities in the role of Director, Digital Strategy. The position reports to the Managing Director and will be based out of the SCENE office located at 100 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario.
The Director, Digital Strategy will be responsible for developing SCENE’s product and digital roadmaps. This includes the development of new digital and mobile capabilities, new consumer and enterprise products, and integration with SCENE’s evolving technology and marketing platform. This individual will work with a high performing and collaborative team to enhance SCENE’s brand and value proposition to its members, owners and partners, and to deliver a best-in-class, dynamic and seamless end-to-end digital experience for our members and partners.
This is the right role for you, if:
- You are passionate about the voice of our customer, and live at the intersection between design, development, and business.
- You are an advocate for the user and are passionate about best in class user experience.
- You know how to be entrepreneurial in a corporate setting, influence internal cross-functional teams, and work in an agile framework with key vendors to deliver complex digital initiatives. You are nimble, fast on your feet, and able to handle change.
This is your opportunity to become part of Canada's premiere entertainment loyalty program and to bring your passion to our dynamic and growing team.
The Key Areas of Responsibility are:
- Plan, prioritize, manage and implement of a multi-year product and digital roadmap, working with the SCENE team and SCENE’s stakeholders.
- Lead the design and development of new products and capabilities working closely with SCENE’s digital agencies, technology providers, Cineplex and Scotiabank digital teams and partners. Manage updates and new functionality releases to deliver against member feedback and SCENE’s objectives.
- Oversee improvements to the mobile app experience and SCENE website to deliver a UI/UX that will motivate member activity online and on the go. Plan and execute future platform enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and partners to facilitate the integration of SCENE into their customer experience and channels (i.e. websites, ecommerce platforms, mobile apps and digital wallets) and lead strategy to develop integrated member experiences.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate. Build relationships with notable partners and innovators.
- Development, measurement, reporting and analytics associated with KPI’s
- Business/strategic planning, budgeting, report writing and presentations as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, business or a related field
- Experience in product design, product development, digital design and marketing
- MBA is an asset
- 5+ years of progressively senior product development and digital development and implementation experience
- Experience with API and web services
- Demonstrated experience developing mobile applications and management
- Exceptional understanding of evolving platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience leading RFP’s, evaluating technology vendors and managing outsourced development teams
- In depth knowledge of the interactive/mobile landscape and newly emerging technologies
- Experience working with loyalty programs, digital/interactive marketing, database marketing and CRM is an asset
- Strong communicator and leader who can build bridges to achieve business objectives. Excellent in a boardroom and client setting.
- Deep integrated content design, usability and production experience
- Dedicated to continuous improvement; unafraid to challenge current practices
- A demonstrated track record of designing, deploying and successfully maintaining a wide variety of mobile/web based systems in a large organization, on time, on target, on budget
- Exceptional knowledge about mobile application development, web services/API’s and data modeling
- Passionate about the customer experience
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment
Interested candidates please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please