Software Developer - Cineplex Digital Media (12-Month Contract)
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Cineplex Digital Media, a division of Cineplex, is currently recruiting for a Software Developer, reporting to the Director, Custom Software Development. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) office located at 369 York Street, Suite 2C in London, ON. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
The Software Developer will work on our Custom Software team in collaboration with multiple teams within the organization including: Business Development, UX Design, and Operations, in producing new and enhancing existing menu content, consumer-facing and interactive applications. The Software Developer is expected to possess high initiative and has the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and has excellent expertise and experience in software development life-cycle and quality engineering.
- Support the design and development of customized applications for direct use by our customers
- Manage, prioritize and communicate your workload and tasks to team members through-out project execution
- Adaptable developer who is willing and able to take on and learn multiple technologies and their application within our solutions
- Participate in the solution integration testing, quality assurance, debugging and root cause analysis
- Contribute and receive feedback during the development life-cycle to improve products and platform
- Collaborate and communicate with members of the technology, customer account and operational teams
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, other related technical discipline or related experience
- Experience with nodejs, react, CSS for custom content development
- Experience in flash development is a great asset
- Experience with PHP, C# and windows environment development is an asset
- Exposure to maven, ansible, git and grunt technologies is an asset
- Experience in the digital signage, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
Interested candidates please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please