Research & Insights Specialist, Guest Engagement
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Loyalty, Consumer Insights and Guest Experience team is currently looking to hire for a full-time position for a Specialist, Guest Engagement. This position will report to the Director, Research and will be focused on the management and optimization of Cineplex’s ongoing Guest Experience and Brand Tracking initiatives.
Management of Consumer Insights Initiatives
- Manage customer satisfaction measurement programs and other on-going tracking studies.
- Work with dynamic cross-team partners to identify and fill key knowledge gaps about the prospective and current Cineplex customer and brand perceptions.
- Focus on socializing and championing relevant guest insights/experiences across the organization on all lines of business, including Theatrical, LBE (Location Based Entertainment – The Rec Room, Playdium and TopGolf), the Cineplex Store and other business units across the Cineplex ecosystem as needed.
- In conjunction with our Guest Services and Analytics teams, provide timely and relevant Guest Satisfaction updates and opportunities to our theatrical, LBE and Digital business units.
- Advocate for enhancing the guest experience – strong focus on optimizing the overall guest experience, how Cineplex engages with and collects data on guests’ experiences and brand perceptions across the ecosystem.
- Take ownership of the brand tracking program development, management and ongoing socialization of insights.
- Ability to proactively identify customer and brand needs, synthesize data and effectively communicate research findings across the organization that will be incorporated into overall business strategy, marketing strategy, and the overall consumer experience.
- Consistently deliver and evolve key reports summarizing business performance across different areas of the organization, while focusing on improving speed to distribution and depth and relevance of information.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned quantitative and qualitative studies as well as propose new studies, working with the Consumer Insights team to support the company’s goals and decision-making.
- Provide task management, execution, and methodological recommendations to help with research planning. Display excellent abilities to communicate with your colleagues about progress of project goals, as well as to predict and respond to roadblocks.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- University/College degree in Business, Management, Social Sciences, Organizational Development or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years within the custom Market Research industry with responsibility for handling complex projects from inception to completion.
- 1+ years of related client side experience preferred.
- Proficient in data analytics.
- Experience with data visualization and data reporting software such as Excel, SPSS/SAS and Powerpoint required, experience with other programs such as Tableau is a plus.
- Ability to present relevant insights to a range of stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Comfortable managing and enhancing research vendor relationships. Proven experience with negotiation and partner management.
- ·The ability to interact in a fast paced environment with a high level of professionalism, remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
- Strong interest in taking a hands-on role with senior members of the team. Excitement to be included in decision-making and thought leadership in the organization. While Consumer Insights will be your home base, you will have opportunities to work in a variety of cross-team capacities.
- Ability to understand and appreciate research findings. You should be comfortable interpreting data analyses and writing reports.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please