Senior Network Engineer
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department has an immediate opening for the position of Senior Network Engineer reporting to the Manager of the Network and Infrastructure team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Area 1 - Local/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) Designing and administration:
- Responsible for Corporate Network and security (Firewall) design and operation.
- Design Networks Monitoring solution to provide real time report.
- Deal with external vendors to resolve problems.
- Ensure/Participate with the installation and configuration of Networking Hardware complies with corporate standards.
- Ensure up-to-date LAN/WAN documentation outlining all procedures and relevant configurations for recovery, administration and troubleshooting purposes are available.
- Ensure that all changes to the network environment are being maintained.
Area 2 - Firewall/VPN/Proxy Design and Administration:
- Design on hardware and VM/cloud firewall functionality
- Being able to use different tools to manage and monitor the Internet connection for security and traffic utilization.
Area 3 – Remote Connection Planning & Design
- Ensure logs are being reviewed for potential security breaches.
- Ensure documentation for connection to devices is available.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements:
- High level of Experience with Fortinet/Cisco/Brocade/HP
- Experience and knowledge with Clouding solution (Azure/AWS)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Expert on using Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds)
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware specification
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create efficient reliable network design and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with high communication skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
This position requires a college or university degree in computers / technology is also required. The person needs to be able to operate in a busy environment and manage his or her own priorities. They need to understand that this is a Customer Service environment and operate appropriately. This position is on call 7/24 to handle emergency situations.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please