Junior Sous Chef – Playdium, Orion Gate
- 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Junior Sous Chef – Playdium, Orion Gate, reporting to the Chef. This position will be based at our Playdium, Orion Gate located at 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1.
The Jr. Sous Chef is responsible for supporting the culinary leadership team in daily execution of culinary operations, by maintaining high quality menu execution and service levels. The Jr. Sous Chef is expected to lead culinary staff on shift by exemplifying exceptional menu preparation in a timely and efficient manner. The Jr. Sous Chef is further required to support the culinary team by coaching culinary staff on the line, raising concerns to the leadership team and recognizing the efforts of employees.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support in managing staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Execute menu recipe requirements.
- Understand and effectively follow all Playdium values, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the Playdium brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Support in managing FIFO usage and stock depletion with culinary staff.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the culinary team is accounted for and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food product waste.
- Conduct accurate inventory counts according to schedule, and to procedure.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Support ordering inventory and culinary supplies, as required.
- Effectively apply sustainable budgeting techniques and fiscal management for culinary inventory.
Health & Safety
- Model seamless execution of the culinary program ensuring healthy and safe work practices are showcased daily.
- Notify Sous Chef and Head Chef of any repairs or maintenance required for culinary appliances and equipment.
- Ensure all proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures are executed.
Other duties assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma or GED required.
- A valid Food Handler’s certificate is required
- Willingness to accept feedback in a high paced, changing environment
- 1-3 years' culinary experience in the Hospitality or Restaurant industry preferred.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- A winning attitude with a willingness to grow, develop & train within a dynamic culinary team
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Awareness of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various culinary appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Competing priorities with medium control over individual priorities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please