Hourly Kitchen Supervisor – Playdium, Orion Gate
- 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Kitchen Supervisor – Playdium, Orion Gate, reporting to the Sous Chef. This position will be based at our Playdium, Orion Gate located at 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1.
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supporting the kitchen leadership in coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of kitchen operations, while maintaining high quality menu options and service levels. The Kitchen Supervisor is expected to lead kitchen staff to create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner. The Kitchen Supervisor is further required to support the kitchen with ensuring the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages. Other duties may be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in all kitchen operations.
- Assist in cost of goods controls.
- Assist in labour control.
- Training and coaching of kitchen employees.
- Maintain food quality standards.
- Assist in execution of all Groups and Events.
- Prepare orders of all goods for requisition.
- Maintain all health and safety standards.
- Assist in food inventory counts.
- Report on all necessary repair and maintenance.
- Assist in completion of all line checks, cleaning duty rotation, and temperature logs.
- Maintain cleanliness, stocking, and proper operation of all dish areas.
- Provide station relief based on business levels.
- Manage staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Assist in implementation and enforcement menu recipe requirements.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the kitchen is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary in Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years' restaurant kitchen experience required.
- Experience in high volume food program considered an asset.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team considered an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please