Hourly Service Supervisor, Food & Beverage – Playdium, Orion Gate
- 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Service Supervisor, Food & Beverage – Playdium, Orion Gate, reporting to the Service Manager, Food & Beverage. This position will be based at our Playdium, Orion Gate located at 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1.
The Service Supervisor (SS) shall work to ensure Playdium policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to in all guest facing and culinary areas within their Playdium location. Responsibilities shall include the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of operations, merchandise and financial areas within multiple departments to maximize sales and profitability. The SS will support the Service Manager (SM) directly with the locations accountability for the guest experience and profit and loss performance of the venue against budget.
The Service Supervisor is expected to professionally execute all company programs, supporting the operation of the business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high. It is important for the Service Supervisor to have both a vision and the ability to maintain a culture of hospitality and positive morale, and a focus on building the bench-strength of the Hourly compliment by providing coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Training and coaching of player service team.
- Supporting the management of labour targets.
- Understanding Guest Survey results.
- Service Standards and execution.
- Assisting in cash handling procedures.
- Loss Prevention knowledge.
- Groups & Events operation & preparation.
- Completion of tasks and side duties.
- Support the different amusement offering across PLAYDIUM.
- Actively leading on the floor while handling any guest related concerns.
- Resolve all customer concerns as per PLAYDIUM procedures.
- Strive to achieve sales targets while adhering to an established budget during day-to-day operations.
- Ensure amusement/food & beverage staff meet compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and PLAYDIUM policies inclusive of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets PLAYDIUM and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regularly monitoring of the floor, redemption and mezzanine areas.
- Ensure that all relevant operational paperwork is posted as per legislated requirements.
- Responsible to lead, develop and coach all team members to ensure a high level of customer service as well as maximum profitability.
- Must be able to delegate tasks appropriately to team members.
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Maintain payroll and attendance records in accordance with legislative and PLAYDIUM requirements.
- Maintain effective communications within and outside of PLAYDIUM to ensure flawless execution.
- Ensure that any and all variances are handled immediately. Anticipate and react to any changes in business levels.
- Ensure that guests are greeted upon arrival, and questions or concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensure that reservations are taken correctly and courteously.
- Ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest's bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- Ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all Front of House staff are dressed appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- Carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are completed without delay.
- Carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and are not exceeded without permission of the Service Manager.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets PLAYDIUM standards throughout daily operations. This includes ensuring that all stations are fully equipped at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Circulate regularly throughout all Front of House areas, maintaining a positive profile with guests and staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all reports and administrative work.
- Prepare and submit within the required format all annual budgetary information and updates as required.
- Follow Health, Food Safe and Liquor service guidelines.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in the food service industry specifically within the casual upscale segment is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting knowledge required, must be mechanically inclined.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with monitoring and controlling inventory.
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers and placing orders.
- Familiarity with point of sale systems will be considered an asset.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Interacts with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Will work flexible shifts.
- Extended hours as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and point-of-sale system, as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please