Accounting Clerk - Player One Amusement Group
- 6420 Viscount Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1H3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Cineplex currently has an opening at our Player One Amusement Group division for the position of Accounting Clerk reporting to the Supervisor, Accounting. This position is based at our Player One Amusement Group office located at 6420 Viscount Road in Mississauga.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Reconcile bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts (cash, prepaid expenses, inventory, capital assets and others as assigned) including required accounting entries.
- Initiate electronic payments through banking portals as required.
- Review and update coding for employee expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as part of period close.
- Set up new vendors as required.
- Prepare monthly reporting and coordinate payments for a division of route operations.
- Miscellaneous reporting and other tasks as directed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting related work experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Proven capabilities with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) at an intermediate level.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and working in multinational company would be assets.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please