Restaurant/Amusement Service Manager – Playdium Orion Gate
- 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Restaurant/Amusement Service Manager – Playdium Orion Gate, reporting to the Assistant General Manager. This position will be based at our Playdium, Orion Gate located at 20 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, ON L6W 4S1.
The Service Manager (SM) shall work to ensure The Playdium policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to in all guest facing and culinary areas within their Playdium location. Responsibilities shall include the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of operations, merchandise and financial areas within multiple departments to maximize sales and profitability. The SM will support the Senior Service Manager (SSM) directly with the locations accountability for the guest experience and profit and loss performance of the venue against budget.
The Service Manager is expected to professionally execute all company programs, supporting the operation of the business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high. It is important for the Service Manager to have both a vision and the ability to maintain a culture of hospitality and positive morale, and a focus on building the bench-strength of the Supervisor and Hourly compliment by providing coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent guest service and providing an exceptional guest experience across all departments in the venue.
- Responsible for maintaining the seamless operation of all Amusement, Food and Beverage, Guest Service and retail operation within the Playdium.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Playdium and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regular monitoring of the restaurant, gaming floor, redemption, mezzanine gaming areas, and restrooms.
- Responsible for completing daily, weekly, monthly checklists and ensuring inspections are up to date according to internal and external (regulatory bodies) requirements.
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Responsible for executing Groups & Events within venue, providing exceptional guest service.
- Understand and effectively follow all Playdium values, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the Playdium brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Recruit, interview, train and coach venue management, and proactively plan for succession.
- Attend regular meetings with AGM and designated Service Managers to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Delivering employee training and execute development strategies for area of responsibility (Bar, Service Floor, Host/Call Center, Amusement, and Groups & Events).
- Understand and implement appropriate disciplinary action for performance and behavioural management.
- Evaluate and take action to improve departmental turnover and increase employee morale by creating a supportive employee centered environment.
- Plan, evaluate and monitor operations in guest facing areas to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Drive sales through professional execution, managing staffing and operational plans to ensure profitability.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments by ensuring all inventory counts (weekly, monthly & year-end) are accurately completed on time, and actioned when variances exceed budgeted amounts.
- Execute all company programs and service standards on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to the Assistant General Manager to improve the Guest service experience.
- Ensure all Players and department cashiers adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Share Best Practices across departments to increase performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with the Playdium Discipline policy and severity table, implementing appropriate action(s) for performance and behavioural management.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns in a timely manner to ensure we maintain a positive work environment.
- Ensure all Player and departmental scheduling requests are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Follow all provincial Health, Food Safety and Liquor service legislative requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience managing a high volume restaurant or venue with the primary focus being on guest service excellence.
- Post-Secondary education, in business and/or hospitality preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team during high volume business periods in multiple departments.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Proven experience in training, coaching, and mentoring supervisors and employees.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, employees, and guests.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500F.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please