Executive Director, Theatre Operations
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Exhibition business unit is currently recruiting for an Executive Director, Theatre Operations. This is a unique and exciting opportunity based in Toronto and reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Exhibition.
The successful candidate is a champion of the employee and guest experience at all Cineplex theatres. They will seek out, develop and implement innovation and improvements to achieve our mission of passionately delivering exceptional experiences. Creativity, Curiosity along with Impressive People and Analytical skills will be keys to success in bringing your vision to over 70 million guests across Canada.
As the Executive Director, Theatre Operations you will:
- Be part of the Exhibition Senior leadership team and contribute to overall strategy and success of the business unit.
- Lead the Theatrical Groups and Events team through strategic brand building and focus on the client experience through the entire customer journey from first contact to post event thank you.
- Lead and manage the continuous evolution of the exhibition guest experience, from operational process excellence to enhancing the overall theatre experience for employees and guests.
- Create capabilities that facilitate exceptional guest experiences across all consumer platforms.
- Identify and develop opportunities, concepts and products for theatre exhibition that align to evolving consumer trends and demands.
- Lead the improvement of business intelligence across the entire Theatrical Operations team.
- Have responsibility for the video/redemption gaming category for all Cineplex theatres.
- In addition to the Groups and Event team lead a team of 2 Theatre Operations professionals.
- A love of, movies, the theatrical experience and a desire to be part of a great team
- See the opportunity in every situation
- Ability to lead a team, maximize employees skills and develop people to reach their full potential.
- Effectively bring together internal stakeholders and external partners in a way that will result in innovative new ideas.
- Develop and deliver Key Performance Metrics that are aligned with overall strategy.
- Discover, interpret and convert consumer and business data into actions.
- Present ideas clearly with an ability to manage the complexities of executing significant change and influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi stakeholder environment with multiple priorities.
- A degree in a related field, MBA an asset.
- 5-10 years of experience in Theatre Exhibition, Hospitality, Restaurant or Retail sectors with a strong understanding on Business/Functional Unit management.
- Bilingual English and French an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please