Analytics Coordinator - SCENE
- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5C 2W1, Canada
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than eight million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies and restaurants. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®* debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program visit www.scene.ca.
SCENE is looking for an Analytics Coordinator to support the SCENE team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics. This position is based out of the SCENE office, located at 100 Yonge Street, Suite 1601, Toronto, ON M5E 1J3.
The Analytics Coordinator will support the Senior Manager, Analytics in analyzing loyalty data and marketing activities to help achieve overall SCENE program objectives.
- Working as a business partner with marketing stakeholders to help run marketing campaigns. This will involve:
- Working to understand the stakeholder’s business objectives
- Providing guidance on improving the effectiveness of campaigns
- Helping to define campaigns – which members should be selected to ensure communications are relevant?
- Writing SQL code to identify members which meet campaign criteria
- Exporting identified members from the database using Alteryx
- Providing member lists to external vendors by required due date
- Creation and maintenance of business reports
- This will include campaign evaluation reporting, product usage reporting and KPI reporting
- Data for the reports will normally be extracted using SQL from either SQL Server Management Studio or Salesforce
- These reports will either be created in Excel or Tableau
- Automating reports where required
- Optimising code / improving processes where possible
- Enhancement and clear documentation of key analytics processes
- Management of the analytics relationship with Universities. This will include:
- Defining business problems
- Collecting non-disclosure agreements
- Providing data to a third party
- Guiding student projects
- Quality checking of the Senior Manager’s work including code and analysis output. This will include reviewing code to ensure it:
- Meets the business objectives
- Provides the correct/expected output
- Is optimized
- Can be easily picked up by others
- Day to day management of own workload
- Task prioritization where required
- Clear communication to stakeholders where tasks/projects are delayed
- Proven experience of data analysis in a business environment – at least 1 year of experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work as a business partner and provide work which clearly helps stakeholders meet their objectives
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to code in at least one of these languages is preferred: SQL, SAS, R or Python. Most coding will require SQL
- Ability to translate technical results into general business terms and present them to a non-technical audience
- Technically savvy with an aptitude to learn new software programs quickly. Preferred experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau Server, Alteryx and Salesforce
- Experience with a CRM tool is desired. SCENE uses Salesforce and experience with this platform is preferred. The selected candidate must have a desire to learn Salesforce as data will often need to be extracted from this platform
- Proficient with Microsoft 360 and Sharepoint
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please