Vice President, Software Delivery
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Chief Digital and Technology Office is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
Our Home Office has an immediate opening for the position of Vice President, Software Delivery, reporting to the Chief Digital and Technology Officer. You will act as the software lead for the ecosystem of platforms and tools that enable the Developer, our employees and Customer experience for Cineplex.
- Partner with Product and User Experience to consult and own the delivery of the Cineplex Digital Product roadmap
- Partner with the owners of Cineplex Corporate IT and Business systems to consult and own the delivery of the software and integration roadmap
- Define, evangelize and enable adherence to Cineplex software development standards
- Deliver variety of software development initiatives for both internal and external Cineplex customers including web, mobile, API, data analytics, and more
- Deliver data integration and other data intensive systems including integration with core corporate systems, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and messaging systems
- Partner with Infrastructure and Operations to automate the deployment for infrastructure and application components
- Ensure Security by Design practices and look for opportunities to automate the verification of security controls
- Enable and deliver aggressive automation of testing, deployment of all software systems to achieve repeatable deployments and faster time to market
- Partner with stakeholders to design solutions that delivers the optimal balance of the product vision, cost, time to market, and complexity to maintain and support
- Negotiate 3rd party vendor agreements and manage SLA’s
- Ensure Effort Assessments are realistic and clearly communicated in order to ensure development efforts are delivered with optimal outcome
- Proactively budget to ensure appropriate funding for systems support and project-based work supporting the business needs
- Ensure software development practices embodies the core architectural principles and all key design decisions are well-rationalized
- Ensure solutions are designed to deliver required functionality, appropriate service qualities and are scalable in the face of future demand
- Responsible for Managing 2nd and 3rd level support across the software delivery team
- Manage the training and provide deployment assistance to the broader team as part of the upgrade / deployment process
- Evangelize the functionality and benefits of the applications under the team’s control
- Understand the importance of delivering an excellent and proactive End User support experience
- Partner with Product and Corporate system customers, Infrastructure and Operations to define comprehensive Service Level Objectives (SLO) and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Define monitoring and alerting systems and processes, and ensure solutions are sufficiently instrumented to continuously meet or exceed SLO/SLA
- Partner with stakeholders to define meaningful production and defect priorities
- Ensure that high priority production issues and defects are actioned as per the SLA
- Continuously evaluate and tune the monitoring and alerting to enable automation and proactive incident management
- Coach, mentor, grow a team of passionate software development professionals
- Enable and support a culture of engineering excellence, collaboration, team, execution, and continuous improvement
- Regular skills assessment to ensure appropriate training and career growth opportunities are realized
- Appropriately structure the delivery teams in a manner that optimally delivers on the product roadmap
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements would be considered an asset to the position:
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Technical Certifications related to Software Development, Database Systems, and software architecture would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years of I.T. related Experience in a Corporate Setting supporting Multi-Channel businesses
- Minimum 5 years of IT Management Experience specifically in Software Development and Delivery.
- Proven track record in working with both internal and external teams and meeting tight timelines
- Proven experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Knowledgeable of Lean Engineering concepts such as WIP, Cycle-Time, Lead-Time and leveraging data appropriately to align and drive decisions
- Knowledgeable of Design Thinking and Human Centered design practices and how it influences the SDLC (Software Development Life-Cycle) and engineering practices
- Must have experience architecting, engineering and delivering the following types of systems:
- multiple large, complex enterprise systems that serve critical business fuctions
- complex web, mobile, API, data intensive systems that involves significant integration and security concerns
- customer facing systems and products with fantastic user experience
- Must have experience with multiple enterprise application, data, security platforms and products such as:
- Microsoft CRM/Dynamics CRM
- ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP etc
- RDBMS systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Integration platforms such as Mulesoft, BizTalk Server, WCF Services
- Messaging platforms such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Identity/Access Management platforms such as Azure AD, Okta, Auth0
- Must have experience with public cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP including the deployment of high-value production systems to these platforms
- Must have experience with modern application development technologies and platforms such as React, Angular, Node, .NET Core, Docker Containers
- Must have experience with automation and automation tooling such as Azure DevOps, Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, CircleCI or equivalent
- Must have experience with cloud based mobile testing platforms such SauceLabs, BrowerStack
- Must have experience with provisioning and configuration management of Cloud IaaS and PaaS services using native cloud tools or tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Salt
- Nice to have experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Nice to have experience with Hashicorp products such as Vagrant, Consul, Vault
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate to a varied audience from the C-Level to less experienced developers
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have deep knowledge of Software Engineering principles and practices.
- Must be proficient with multiple software engineering domains such as Web, Mobile, API, Data
- Must be able to develop and manage technology roadmaps
- Must be able to quickly understand complex systems such as existing custom applications and integrations, and 3rd party partner systems
- Must be a leader that leads through setting an example
- Must be an enabler and coach to empower and grow a passionate team of software developers and architects
- Good understanding of technology, media, tools, emerging trends, and adoption rates
- Must be willing to travel and have flexibility with respect to working hours
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please