- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our home office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Graphic Designer, reporting to the Art Director - Motion.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and advertising were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of art, you fell in love. Design is a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian’s be inspired to seek our pleasure at some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more.
As a Graphic Designer, your work will be seen by millions of people across the country.
You’ll get to help evolve existing brands and help build new ones. We are looking for a confident, curious, strategic problem solver and a collaborator. Someone who can take ideas from brief, to a sketch and to the final art without a hitch and are consumed with creating and refining ideas that are engaging. You will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Design and produce creative solutions for assigned projects
- Participate in the creative process from concept to visualization and final execution.
- Design & animate content for social media channels
- Design and prepare mockups and storyboards for animation
- Photo manipulation, editing, and compositing as required
- Prepare, upload, publish or deliver final files
- Prepare images and assets for online and mobile use
- Continuous self-learning and keeping up to date with relevant program
- 4+ years of industry experience
- A master in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of print standards, colour space & print methodologies
- Eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Highly collaborative & able to thrive in pressure situations
- Be committed to professional development, staying on top of design and industry trends.
- Previous experience working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable, with the ability to multi-task
- Expert attention to detail, and an eye for catching inconsistencies
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure and to a strict deadlin
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please