Director, Creative Operations
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex is currently recruiting for the position of Director, Creative Operations, reporting to the Vice President, Experience Design & Creative.
Our company is changing the way we think about entertaining Canadians across the country - from theatre exhibition to great food and gaming offerings, we are bringing new and exciting experiences to our guests every day. The Experience Design & Creative team is at the forefront of these changes and we are not only making great creative, we’re telling compelling stories and creating experiences that our guests interact with every day. We are also everywhere across the ecosystem – from branding to video to digital. We are an award-winning team looking for a seasoned Operations and Project Management leader – someone who understands studio processes intimately, is passionate about their work and gets excited about making the day-to-day hum, while providing strategic value to the business.
As the Director of Creative Operations, you will be responsible for a team of project managers and oversee the day-to-day operations of a large creative team. You’ll be leading the way on process improvements, mentoring and coaching your team, as well as working with cross-functional groups in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be responsible for everything that comes through the creative department and you’re critical to the efficient planning and execution of all creative projects. You’ll assess project scope, monitor team resources, velocity, quality of work flow -- from brief to delivery, and be a prime point of contact for stakeholders. You’ll be key to the budgeting process and closely monitor the hygiene of our fiscal operations and proactively manage and administer our chargeback model.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a team of Project Managers on the following:
o Project Scoping
o Allocation of resources & creative team workload
o Project prioritization and management of related communications
o Timelines and workback schedules
o Process maturation
o Work with the Creative Leads, PMs to schedule and manage the flow of required reviews
o Leading project kickoffs and post-mortems
o Coaching and mentoring
- Budget management within creative department
- Development and maintenance of chargeback reporting to finance and stakeholders
- Manage Studio needs both administrative and operational (software, hardware, accounts etc)
- Be a technical liaison to our IT department and champion tech needs and tools
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership in a professional setting
- Process junkie
- Multitasking and managing competing priorities and expectations
- Critical-thinking and judgement skills, emotional intelligence
- Working collaboratively in a team environment
- Effectively managing stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Communicating complex ideas clearly - both verbally and in writing
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics is an asset
- Working knowledge of AVID video editing systems an asset
- 10+ years of experience in an Operations or Project Management Role at an agency or Creative Studio
o minimum 5 years of demonstrated project management experience, leading large scale and
o 3-5 years as a people leader
- Certified PMP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Change Management and Agile certifications are considered assets
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please