Quality Assurance Manager - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Quality Assurance Manager, reporting to the Software Development Manager or the Executive Director of Engineering and Devops depending on the successful candidate's relative experience. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 137 Northfield Drive West, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 5A6 OR our office at 369 York Street in London, Ontario N6B 3R4.
The Quality Assurance Manager will lead a team of QA Analysts in providing a full range of verification and validation services for multiple engineering teams. The Quality Assurance manager will work closely with multiple groups, including: R&D, Business Development, UX Design, Operations, in testing new consumer-facing Web, server and embedded applications, improving/maintaining existing ones and addressing users’ needs, experience and usability requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager is expected to possess high initiative and has the ability to foster a collaborative team environment and to plan and deliver critical services to a growing company. The successful candidate has excellent expertise and experience in software development life-cycle and quality engineering with successfully demonstrated leadership skills.
- Lead a team of 4-6 Quality Assurance Analysts across several sites including London, Toronto and Waterloo
- Performance management, career development, coaching mentoring for direct reports
- Create and execute high-level goals and action plans to support the quality initiative supported by the executive team
- Establish best practices, develop processes and use appropriate test technology to solve development and quality challenges in a continuous integration development environment
- Develop and review test plans, identifying gaps in analysis and test coverage, while assessing risk
- Relentless advocate for quality within the design community and company, continuing to lead activities to push quality upstream in the design process
- Establish and maintain a lab test environment in collaboration with the DevOps team
- Lead bug reviews and root cause determination in collaboration with the development team
- Participate in Agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, retrospective, stand-up and cross training
- Design, develop, document and execute automated and manual test cases for user interfaces, web services and integration across applications
- Lead the development team in tracking releasable items and their deployment into UAT environments
- Contribute to code reviews and design reviews
- Track and report on quality metrics associated with software under test
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents, providing timely and meaningful feedback to ensure a full and clear understanding of deliverables as well as identify any gaps in requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging QA trends and techniques.
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 7+ years of Automation Testing, Quality Assurance experience
- 3+ years of Leadership experience as a Quality Assurance Manager
- Experience in a mature engineering organization building and testing packaged software products
- Experience developing and maintaining automated system, interface and performance tests
- Experience designing, analyzing and testing enterprise-scale applications with OO approach
- Experience with the latest Quality Assurance best practices and frameworks
- Experience with scripting, software development, and automation
- Experience with SQL, relational and/or document databases would be a plus
- Experience in the digital signage, media, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset
- Excellent leadership, organizational and relationship building skills.
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
- Proven ability in problem solving, decision making and leadership
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Java, HTML, nodejs and PHP an asset
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
- User experience-based design exposure an asset
- Experience with Agile Development/SCRUM
- Experience using Jira bug tracking as an effective method of maintaining meaningful metrics and managing issue workflow
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please