- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our home office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Sr. Copywriter, reporting to the Executive Producer, Creative Services.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LINK TO THEIR PORTFOLIO WITHIN THEIR RESUME.
As a Senior Copywriter, you are a master of words and storytelling, collaboratively concepting the big ideas that consistently hit the communication needs of creative briefs. You are as solutions-oriented as you are the consummate dreamer, inspiring and driving the copywriting process through to final product. We’re looking for a strong candidate to be part of a creative team telling stories unlike any other for some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, World Gaming Network, Playdium and more. As Cineplex’s Senior Copywriter, you would develop original commercial copy for mediums from A-Z that will be seen and heard by millions of people across the country. Your work will connect with audiences on an emotional and impactful level. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Develop fresh and exciting ideas that are forward-thinking and in-line with current advertising trends.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them.
- Write engaging and creative short and long form narrative scripts, video essays, and social video scripts to help support our on-going film slate.
- Extremely strong storytelling skills with the ability to adapt your writing style to different consumer segments.
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice.
- Working alongside designers to conceive and complete effective campaigns with an integrated verbal and visual concept.
- Passionately and confidently present your ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Have the ability to give copy direction to creative resources outside the company.
- Manage and lead talent development for your direct report, including assigning copy responsibilities and setting deadlines to help support all ongoing projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in advertising and commercial copywriting at a creative or in-house agency.
- TV or screenwriting experience, with the ability to write compelling narratives that have an emotional hook at the heart of them.
- Exceptional knowledge of advertising and its industry.
- A proven record in creating copy that stands out from the crowd.
- Clear, positive and enthusiastic communicator.
- Confident creative thinker and solution seeker.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to speak, read and understand French is an asset.
- Experience writing for digital and interactive media, print and radio, as well as brochures, web and direct mail.
- Excellent proofreader with attention to detail.
- Strong collaborator, creative partner and talent manager.
- Working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please