Strategic Sourcing Specialist
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Purchasing and Supply Management department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Lead Strategic Sourcing initiatives to optimize category spend and present updates, analysis, and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for supplier relationships working closely with critical suppliers and accountable for specific spend categories including IT Hardware, Software, Services etc.
- Be a trusted advisor and partner internally with executives by identifying and providing strategic recommendations to achieve savings targets.
- Provide strategic insights on transactional movements in annual spend associated with specified categories.
- Responsible for supplier performance including chairing regular performance reviews, business development and supplier awards programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Membership and or designation in relevant procurement related associations (i.e. PMAC; SCMP) preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong sourcing and negotiation skills; ability to influence the organization; relationship builder
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking & planning skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; demonstrated data analysis capability
- Project management skills; PMP designation an asset
- Superior organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Clear understanding of relevant IT category supply base
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
- 4+ years related experience in Procurement services
- Experience in the media and entertainment, food and beverage, digital media industry would be considered assets
- Relevant experience in a large consulting firm would be considered an asset
- Strategic sourcing training and experience
- Negotiations and contracting training and experience
- Supplier development/monitoring experience
- Risk management experience
- Project management experience
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please