Manager, Finance and Accounting
- 6420 Viscount Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1H3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Cineplex currently has an opening at our Player One Amusement Group head office in Mississauga for the position of Manager, Finance & Accounting, reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Accounting. This position is based at the Player One Amusement Group head office located at 6420 Viscount Road in Mississauga, ON.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee reporting of capital assets, including reconciling additions and disposals and preparing monthly internal reporting;
- Responsible for accurate reporting of inventory, including coordinating counts, reconciling variances and performing valuation;
- Manage month-end processing including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and high-level analysis over the changes in the company’s balance sheet;
- Manage preparation of annual budget and continuous forecasting, including analysis of deviations from plan;
- Prepare presentations and analysis for the leadership teams;
- Research and document application of accounting policies;
- Various projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive work experience in accounting functions.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA preferred).
- Experience managing an accounting team, ideally in a public company environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a high degree of accuracy, effectively managing their time and resources to meet tight deadlines.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate information, identify and analyze issues, and develop recommendations.
- Experience building and working with financial models.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and problems, identify root causes and develop methods to prevent or overcome them.
- Capacity to work and thrive in an environment where goals and paths are not always completely prescribed.
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Previous experience working with PeopleSoft or Prophix would be considered assets.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please