Route Technician/Collector, GTA - Player One Amusement Group
- TBD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
The Player One Amusement Group division of Cineplex Entertainment has an immediate opening for the position of Route Technician/Collector - FULL TIME (GTA) reporting to the Ontario Central Regional Manager, Player One Amusement Group. Please note: This position requires you to travel the GTA and surrounding area. You will be expected to work approximately 40 hours per week.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the company’s revenue generated from our amusement machines (collect and deposit all income, record all meters, identify discrepancies, secure funds pending deposit, provide all collection & banking reports)
- Manage the service call process: Receive, prioritize and complete service calls, provide timesheets and accountability of route service, communicate with service/regional manager of ongoing game and service issues
- General maintenance on all gaming equipment (includes but not limited to: replace components, test equipment, cleaning, preparation, ensure repairs are done in a cost-effective manner, maintain and update your parts kit, stock and replenishment of prizing & receive inventory)
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Adhere to all health and safety requirements by the organization
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
- Other miscellaneous duties, as required
- The successful candidate must be bonded/bondable
- You do not need experience with arcade machines, but a technical or electrical background would be an asset
What you need to be a successful member of this team:
- Valid Class G Driver’s license
- Exceptional communication in English (oral & written), organization and time management and skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to work as a team
- Attend periodic training seminars
- Perform additional job duties as requested while maintaining the ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities
- Ability to install/uninstall and disassemble larger arcade pieces
- Strong computer/technical aptitude
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A flexible schedule that includes a minimum 40 hours a week
- Job requires ability to work with tools and materials
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment such as safety boots is a must for route personnel
- You will be required to carry a small inventory of personal hand tools
What we offer to our full time employees:
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training as the business is forever changing
- Monthly vehicle allowance
- Company phone
- A future to grow within the company
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please