Social Creative Producer (12-month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex is currently recruiting for the position of Social Creative Producer based at our Home Office in Toronto. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
Our culture has become digitized, with social media reshaping the way we engage and communicate. But to us social media is so much more than just gramming a photo of your food, falling down a YouTube rabbit hole, or scanning newsfeeds under the table just to see what’s trending. Social media is about discovering stories, visions, and passions of a whole new generation of dreamers. Sharing videos of those we’ve never met because the way they speak to us. Snacking on visuals so compelling that we’ll tirelessly swipe, tap, and scroll just to satiate our appetite for more.
Social media creates the totality of an experience. Like movies, social media is a gateway to other worlds, through rich video content and creative vitality. So imagine working in a place where you could live and breathe both movies and social media all day – to be part of a creative team telling stories unlike any other for some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, World Gaming Network, and more.
As a Social Creative Producer, you would help build a library of proprietary brand assets and develop video content that will be seen and heard by millions of people across the country. Your work will connect with them on an emotional level and convey messages as impactful as the movies themselves. Oh and this gig comes with free movies!
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LINK TO THEIR PORTFOLIO WITHIN THEIR RESUME
- Work with creative leads to pitch social-first concepts, including video, graphic, and motion-based content optimized for various platforms.
- Support Content Marketing team to ensure social and online video ideas relate back to content strategy and channel plans.
- Help develop new content segments, templates
- Test new channel and platform features, and proactively seek opportunities and partnerships to improve digital/social storytelling through video.
- Help create original social video content segments and templates to streamline short video content based on established assets, with consideration of trending pop culture and lifestyle topics as well as on-going film slate support.
- Identify the opportunities for how social media can enhance a pitch or campaign, support executions of strategic initiatives, increase overall engagement and contribute to the totality of an experience.
- Help ensure the brand voice is used consistently across all channels.
Hard and Soft Skills
- 5+ years experience in social and online video production or related.
- Experience with all forms of digital marketing, including mobile, web, and social.
- Writing and producing skills.
- Must have previous experience working with digital design, advertising and/or marketing teams.
- Strong knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, including proper social guidelines/specs, formats.
- Advanced knowledge of social advertising tools.
- Ability to interpret social outcomes and address results to determine improvements and innovations.
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business partners.
- Self-starting, flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, and has the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital post-production process
- Display a knowledge of pop culture, entertainment and movies.
Samples of your work are a must.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please