Director, Real Estate
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Real Estate department at our Home Office in Toronto has a newly created position of Director, Real Estate, reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate.
The Director, Real Estate is self-motivated and has strategic vision and an excellent understanding of the retail real estate market. It is essential that this person has very good experience working with landlords, developers and other key stakeholders. This exciting role offers the opportunity to work across Canada with a market leader who is continuing to expand their footprint. Cineplex Entertainment offers excellent career growth and visibility within the Canadian head office and this position will likely lead to managing a small team within a couple of years.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders including developers, landlords and municipal officials.
- Research market conditions and demographics to develop and qualify opportunities for new builds, expansion and renovations that meet strategic long-term objectives.
- Assess the current real estate network and manage it according to company mandate.
- Negotiate new deals, manage lease renewals and provide expertise and council on high profile properties.
- Perform site visits to evaluate opportunities
- Create and present pro forma business models for new build, expansion and renovation business cases.
- Undertake and present asset rationalization analysis to support portfolio mix
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in business, real estate or related discipline.
- 7 years of experience in a corporate, retail or contracts environment.
- 7 years of progressive multi-location property and project management experience.
- 7 years of experience in a Real Estate leadership role.
- Possess very strong communication skills.
- Very effective presentation & negotiation skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Innovative problem solving and decision making with focus on strategy.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well with minimal direct supervision.
- Team player who is capable of working in an ever changing environment.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Travel is a requirement for the role – a minimum of 3-5 days per month
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please