Marketing Manager, Content and Strategy - WorldGaming
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
WorldGaming, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive gaming community both online and in live venues. To learn more about WorldGaming please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon
WorldGaming currently has an opening for the position of Marketing Manager, Content and Strategy, reporting directly to the Executive Director of Marketing.
In this role, the Marketing Manager will plan and execute multi-channel integrated marketing solutions created to drive results against our business objectives. This role will focus on planning and executing marketing programs and campaigns in conjunction with Product Marketing and Customer Engagement teams to drive business impact, and improve customer and partner satisfaction.
The Marketing Manager will have exposure to senior executives within WorldGaming and Cineplex and will be aligned against business priorities, revenue goals, and customer/partner satisfaction metrics.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating, planning and executing integrated marketing campaign plans, including media mix recommendation and execution, timing and forecast of results. Channels that will fall within the marketing mix are the following:
- Direct/relationship marketing
- Email marketing
- Online/digital marketing/social media
- Live events/experiential
- Management of our email marketing strategy focusing on client attraction and retention as well as creating drip campaigns and optimizing delivery to ensure increased CTR (familiarity with any major CRM/Newsletter software is a must).
- Design newsletters using best practices and test subject/body and layout design of email campaigns through A/B testing
- Participating in the development of multiple marketing plans that detail specific program and campaign activities designed to achieve agreed upon business objectives.
- Project management of programs and campaigns from inception to dynamic optimization. This can include:
- Developing, managing, monitoring and optimizing campaigns across multiple channels
- Developing and monitoring work-back schedule and coordinating external agency and internal teams to deliver program/campaigns
- Review on-going program results and develop recommendations for optimization and future campaign enhancements
- Relationship management and integration with other internal teams and across Cineplex ecosystem
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4+ years of related experience working in a digital marketing role
- Creativity is a must, as this role will help oversee our content creation team. Familiarity with esports content (tournament related and general esports imagery and video is a big plus!)
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools (Act-On, Salesforce, Marketo) and knowledge of Wordpress is a plus
- Passion and enthusiasm for web and business analytics, including experience with Google Analytics
- Strong project management skills and prior experience developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to package results and reporting to show impact to business, as well as formulate recommendations for optimization and execute on them
- Experience developing and delivering marketing plans to senior executive management
- Strong knowledge of the esports/gaming industries is required
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please