Vice President, Data & Analytics
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Chief Digital and Technology Office is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
The position of Vice President, Data & Analytics reports directly to the Chief Digital and Technology Officer. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting a comprehensive diagnostic that encapsulates the overall state of our data and analytics program including but not limited to mission, vision, culture, ways of working, structure, skills, capabilities, technology, architecture, vendors partners, etc.
- Recrafting, building consensus and communicating the revised plan of record and path forward for data capabilities across the enterprise including the required change management, organizational structure changes and communications strategy.
- Overseeing the execution of the revised data strategy for all reporting, analytics and data science across the Cineplex ecosystem.
- The successful candidate is a champion for data driven insights in decision making and developing and delivering best in class data products across the Cineplex ecosystem.
- A demonstrated track record of leading teams through ambiguity, developing strategy and execution on the vision in a cross functional highly collaborative fashion.
- A strategic business data & analytics professional with 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in customer or product insights and analytics.
- An experienced leader, project manager and facilitator who can effectively bring together internal stakeholders and external partners in a way that will result in innovative new ideas.
- Senior leadership experience and strong communication skills required in order to facilitate executive level discussions on product strategies and objectives.
- A solid technical acumen including the design and delivery of analytical methodologies, research and profitability results into business outcomes.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking; demonstrated ability to leverage product insights to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations; balances the art and science and determines which creative ideas will work and how they will work.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please