Marketing Manager, Exhibition Marketing
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Cineplex Marketing department is recruiting for the position of Marketing Manager, Exhibition Marketing reporting to the Executive Director, Exhibition and Digital Marketing. This position is located at Cineplex’s head office in Toronto, ON.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Exhibition teams in all identified Marketing-based initiatives in the development and execution of programs related to driving awareness of various theatre amenities, attendance, revenue and guest engagement.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as a key representative of Marketing working collaboratively with the Exhibition and the Customer Strategies teams to identify and manage opportunities to drive awareness of various Cineplex theatre amenities with the objective of maximizing revenue and elevating guest experience.
- Be part of a team that oversees and implements marketing programs and initiatives to support various other business units such Merchandising/Food Service, Event Cinema, Prepaid Products as needed.
- Articulate a long-term partnership and sponsorship strategy and approach, an efficient but effective activation framework, and a model to measure success.
- Maximize existing sponsorship and corporate partner relationships to show value to the Cineplex Exhibition businesses, and across the ecosystem.
- Develop new high value partner relationships to target specific key customer segments to support the Exhibition business.
- Evaluate current and potential revenue-generating partnership opportunities to analyze, forecast, and increase profitability and incremental revenue.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships and communication flow with both internal and external partners, maintain partner and project timelines, and create pre/post-program ROI evaluations.
- Identify and evaluate cross-promotional and integrated marketing opportunities with other internal business units and external partners/suppliers to support annual Exhibition Marketing plans.
- Leverage Cineplex and SCENE databases to gain insights into consumer purchase behaviour in key markets and develop targeted marketing and communication plans.
- Manage relationship with internal creative and content teams for creative development and marketing program support.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines and provide detailed pre/post-program ROI evaluations including quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Follow a proper creative and media buy brief protocol with all internal and external stakeholders and act as lead on assigned local or national Marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the development of new theatre opening campaigns and other product launch events related to Exhibition business.
- Provide assistance in working with all theatres and daily requests related to Marketing programs including in-theatre promotions and applicable liaising with internal stakeholders for approvals.
- Support all other Marketing campaigns and other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing or Business is preferred.
- 4+ years of marketing experience.
- Proven experience developing conversion based integrated marketing strategies across the customer journey, including traditional, out of home, experiential and digital touch points.
- Ability to follow a proper creative and media brief protocol
- Demonstrated experience designing and reporting on media strategies and plans that support marketing and business objectives.
- Experience with data and customer segmentation as the basis for discovering actionable insights.
- Experience leading and managing both B2B and B2C Marketing initiatives
- Agency experience also preferable.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Budgeting and business planning
- Planning and execution of events
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to manage and operate comfortably at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Analytical thinking, both from a customer experience and business results perspective.
- Highly collaborative team player who can influence across and up without reporting line authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP Annual Reports or visit www.cineplex.com to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please