Legal / Real Estate Coordinator (14-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Entertainment LP currently has an opportunity for a Legal / Real Estate Coordinator, reporting to the Vice President, Legal. Please note: this is a 14-month contract opportunity.
- Drafting, managing and maintaining the most commonly used real estate documents: Letters of Intent; Offers; Commercial Leases; Lease Amending Agreements; Estoppel Certificates; Waiver and Extension Letters;
- Management and maintenance of key Design and Construction documents such as CCDC and short form construction contracts and matrix’s for new builds, renovations and building shells, architecture, engineering and other consultant/service provider agreements;
- Track notices of lease, leasehold lender agreements and other real estate related documents;
- Draft contract execution memos, coordinate internal signatures, manage delivery of original documents, follow up with Landlord’s to receive originals back;
- Maintain a list of all real estate contracts signed during each fiscal quarter;
- Meetings/conferences/events coordination – schedule and prepare necessary agendas, files & background information;
- Act as lead for all planning as it relates to departmental events team activities, retreats and offsite meetings, etc.;
- Prepare and maintain project schedules, timelines and deadlines;
- Greet visitors;
- Answer and screen all incoming inquiries and take initiative to address concerns;
- Support and assist with maintaining an overview of all Canadian and U.S. markets including reports and market maps, including distribution and maintenance;
- Monitor and report competitive developments from a Real Estate development perspective;
- Provide analytic and strategic support where required;
- Assist Director, Insurance and Operational Risk as needed with insurance files, incident reports and claims;
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as required;
- Provide support to other internal departments with real estate inquiries, timelines, etc.;
- Being primary administrative support for VP Legal:
o handle travel arrangements and reservations;
o manage monthly expense reporting;
o manage calendar/email, coordinate meetings, conference calls, etc.
- At least three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant;
- Must be mature self-starter, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, take initiative and able to work independently;
- Must use discretion and judgment necessary to treat confidential items and assignments appropriately;
- Strong guest service focus in dealing with both external and internal guests, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion, integrity and tact;
- Efficiency and excellent oral and written communication skills are required;
- Must possess strong keyboarding skills and expert use Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and OneNote);
- Strong problem solving skills, including a proactive approach to working with guests at all levels while demonstrating flexibility;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to manage conflicting priorities;
- Superior interpersonal and time management skills;
- Background in Law, Geography or Urban Planning would be considered an asset; and
- Bilingualism in both French and English would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please