Fixed Assets Accountant
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Finance department currently has an opening for a Fixed Assets Accountant reporting directly to the Supervisor, Accounting.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
- Perform monthly accounting and reporting tasks related to the Company’s fixed assets.
- Monitor the company’s purchases for compliance with capitalization policies.
- Reconcile fixed asset sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Prepare audit reports on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide information to management regarding capital expenditures.
- Other special projects as they may be assigned.
- The ideal candidate as a Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Working towards a CPA designation.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a related field/position.
- Knowledge of current accounting practices and principles (IFRS & GAAP).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solving and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or previous Fixed Assets and/or Lease Accounting experience would be considered a strong asset.
- The applicant must be a mature self-starter, have excellent communication skills, be able to meet deadlines and work effectively within a fast paced environment
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please