Amusement Electronics Technician Manager – Playdium, Whitby
- 75 Consumers Dr, Whitby, ON L1N 9S2, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Technician Manager – Playdium, Whitby, reporting to the Assistant General Manager. This position will be based at our Playdium, Whitby located at 75 Consumers Dr, Whitby, ON L1N 9S2.
The Amusement Technician Manager will conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics to ensure that Playdium gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Amusement Technician Manager is responsible for the ongoing preventive and corrective work orders on mechanical, electrical and other installed arcade and gaming systems, equipment, and other components when work orders are presented. He/she is required to perform service and repairs on gaming machines in a timely manner. He/she is accountable for planning, performing, and executing the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming equipment.
- Understand and effectively follow all Playdium, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the repair of gaming equipment.
- Repair and research parts and possible solutions to issues with game units.
- Prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Plan and perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate gaming systems.
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting customer satisfaction and operations.
- Perform necessary maintenance changes or upgrades on gaming units
- Provide guidance to the primary function of other technicians, including training.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of gaming machines and repair as necessary
- Respond effectively to all issues.
- Operate all assigned equipment and systems in the most energy efficient manner.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College diploma or University degree in Electronics or Electronics Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in related field preferably in a management capacity.
- Ability to train technicians.
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs.
- Experience diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation is an asset
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required.
- May be required to work outside of operating hours to support installations, deliveries, removal or repair of games with others.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Assist the operations as needed.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Some travel for training or support may be required.
- Job requires ability to work with hand tools, power tools, multi-meter and materials.
- Extended hours as required.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. safety boots, safety glasses.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to carry a small inventory of personal tools.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please