- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Entertainment currently has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant, reporting directly to the Chief Digital & Technology Officer (“CDTO”).
- Strategically manage and plan the CDTO’s day to day activities, meetings, guests, calendaring, emails (achieving a 0 inbox), phone calls, commitments, appointments, etc. to facilitate the most efficient use of his time.
- Oversee all travel arrangements and logistics which may include booking flights, car rentals and hotel accommodations. Coordinate all meetings as well as provide needed background information as well as detailed travel itineraries and schedules.
- Proactively bring ideas and best practices forward to optimize CDTO schedule and overall ways of working, encouraged to be active in team meetings
- Arrange logistics for visitors, coordinate conference calls, transcribe notes and type correspondence
- Coordinate and manage special projects, team meetings or events with focused attention to detail including issuance of purpose, agendas and targeted outcomes for meetings and partnering to send follow up minutes and action items as appropriate
- Perform advanced administrative duties to support the CDTO such as but not limited to:
o Prepare internal and external correspondence
o Prepare and reconcile expenses
o Manage the executive calendar
o Manage and execute travel arrangements
- Apply a high degree of initiative and judgment:
o Answer and screen all incoming inquiries and correspondence
o In-depth knowledge of Company policy, structure and practices
- Maintain advanced level of confidentiality and professionalism:
o Manage executive files
o Deal with confidential information
- Ambassador of the Company; represent the company in a professional manner, ensure you are upholding the Cineplex Values and Internal Service Standards
- Greet visitors and project a manner which commensurate the values of the Company
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as required.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preference will be given to those individuals who have previously supported C level executives.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previously supported in a technology environment.
- Willing to work flexible or overtime hours and be on call to meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- High energy with emotional maturity, emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Applicants must have a college/university degree and be a mature self-starter.
- You possess a high level of professionalism and have the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, work independently and manage upward.
- You have strong attention to detail and exceptional organization skills.
- Candidates must use discretion and judgment necessary to treat confidential information and assignments appropriately.
- Efficiency and excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements for this position.
- You have a strong customer service focus, superior interpersonal and time management skills, the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You have strong computer skills with ability to type 60 words per minute.
- You are technologically savvy and proficient with the use of smartphones, tablets, laptops and other tools.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please