Event Services Manager – The Rec Room Avalon Mall
- 48 Kenmount Rd, St. John's, NL A1B 1W3, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Groups & Events department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Event Services Manager – The Rec Room Avalon Mall, reporting to the Sr. Sales Operations Manager. This position will be based at The Rec Room Avalon Mall located at 48 Kenmount Rd. in St. John's, NL.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales and Operations and the group contact throughout the event.
- Respond to all incoming group sales inquiries and forwards information on to appropriate Sales Manager
- Represents the Rec Room in at least one community or industry organization.
- Leads Weekly Banquet Event Meeting
- Responsible for reserving space and up-dating space based on change log into OpenTable
- Advises Senior Sales Operations Manager of any concerns, staff changes or renovations to building
- Conducts all site inspections of the building, including walk ins
- Leads all customer tastings for definite groups
- Responsible for ensuring all Entertainment and Community events are in Tracker
- Responsible for printing and posting all group directional signage
- Ensure menu cards for group events are executed by Operations team
- Order all necessary supplies for group events
- Responsible for reconciling all billing, including scanning receipts to Sales Admin
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to guest inquiries and special requests and resolves issues and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Prepare reports, correspondence and analysis related to event activity
- Conducts outside sales calls in local area
- University degree or College Diploma in Hospitality Management and/or Meeting Planning a must.
- Previous hotel, theatre, convention or unique venue event or sales experience
- Experience in all aspects of customer service
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- SmartServe certification considered an asset.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with sales team and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a multi-phase entertainment-based destination working environment.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills.
- Advance working knowledge of MS Office is a requirement.
- Evenings, weekends and additional hours as required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- This position is responsible for events in a 40,000+ square foot facility which requires full range of motion physicality, physical endurance and stamina to work each shift.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please