Project Coordinator, Design & Construction
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Design and Construction department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opportunity for the position of Project Coordinator reporting directly to the Sr. Project Coordinator, Design & Construction.
Project Coordinators are responsible for coordinating and managing the Fixtures, Furniture & Equipment (FF&E) for new builds projects and providing overall support to the Project Managers. The Project Coordinators are also responsible for managing their own renovation projects. Project Coordinators are involved in coordination between internal and external stakeholders, managing changes order and the overall Project Budget, as well as helping to manage the schedule of the project.
- Review drawings, plans and specifications at appropriate stages of each project to ensure compliance with all corporate requirements, regulations and standards.
- Recommend changes when applicable and ensure implementation.
- Administrative duties as required; photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, etc.
- Receive and distribute drawings to internal departments and external consultants, contractors, landlords, etc.
- Create, manage, distribute and monitor the FF&E schedules for each project.
- Maintain reference drawing for all completed projects.
- Prepare and review cost analysis following project completion, identifying actual costs vs. budget costs.
- The ideal candidate will have completed a post-secondary program at the community college level and/or have a minimum five years of industry related experience.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of construction/architectural/engineering terminology & drawings, budgeting, purchasing and accounting.
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional team building capability, confident and motivated.
- Emphasize teamwork, innovation, accountability, execution and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities within a high pressure environment.
- You must have the ability to implement and coordinate comprehensive schedules.
- Adaptable; able to constructively and resourcefully work well under pressure, demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please