Marketing Coordinator, Exhibition and Digital Marketing
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Cineplex Marketing department is recruiting for the position of Marketing Coordinator, Exhibition and Digital Marketing reporting to Marketing Manager, Exhibition and Digital Marketing. This position is located at Cineplex’s head office in Toronto, ON.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Marketing and Exhibition teams in all identified Marketing-based initiatives in the development and execution of programs related to driving awareness of various theatre amenities, attendance, revenue and guest engagement as well as supporting initiatives for the Digital Commerce business.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as a key representative of Marketing working collaboratively with the Exhibition business unit to identify and help support campaigns to drive awareness of various Cineplex theatre amenities with the objective of maximizing revenue and elevating guest experience.
- Provide assistance in working with all theatres and daily requests related to marketing programs including in-theatre promotions, in-theatre asset management and applicable liaising with internal stakeholders for approvals.
- Be part of a team that oversees and implements marketing programs and initiatives to support various business units such Merchandising/Food Service, Event Cinema, Prepaid Products as needed.
- Help manage coordination and execution of Film Studio Marketing programs, relationships with external agencies and internal creative and content teams for creative development
- As assigned by project, act as the main point of contact in Marketing to ensure proper use of all Film Studio creative assets.
- Help research and develop grassroots initiatives in various markets to deliver on theatre specific business objectives and elevate community engagement.
- Leverage Cineplex and SCENE databases to gain insights into consumer purchase behaviour in key markets and help develop targeted marketing and communication plans.
- Coordinate relationships with internal creative and content teams for creative development and marketing program support.
- Follow a proper creative and media buy brief protocol with all internal and external stakeholders and act as lead or support person on assigned local or national marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the development of new theatre opening campaigns and other product launch events related to Exhibition business.
- Help coordinate various marketing programs to support the Digital Commerce business.
- Support all other marketing campaigns and other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing or Business is preferred.
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience.
- Ability to follow a proper creative and media brief protocol
- Agency experience also preferable.
- Experience taking part in cross functional team based projects.
- Moderate knowledge of budgeting and business planning
- Planning and execution of events
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to manage and operate comfortably at a tactical level.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Analytical thinking, both from a customer experience and business results perspective.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP Annual Reports or visit www.cineplex.com to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please