Technical Support Analyst III (6-month Contract) - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Technical Support Level III role is primarily responsible for providing technical support and team coordination functions including, but not limited to, senior level investigation and root cause analysis of escalated issues reported by Level II Support in regards to system or content issues, system-wide upgrades, automation script development, system optimization, team case queue management, task and project engagement assignment and coordination of work completion, and team escalation support. They will need to respond to situations where first-line (L1 & L2) product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software and support the team through coordination efforts. They will also assist members of the team with technical issues that need further troubleshooting before escalating to Engineering and Development.
- Daily case and team queue management, tracking incidents and problems using case handling software
- Identify, troubleshoot, and classify escalated issues and take corrective action
- Perform deep level investigation on issues and trends to determine root cause
- Coordinate team work assignments and facilitation of work completion
- Develop and evaluate options and provide recommendations to management for technical issues
- Initiate and coordinate escalation procedures to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Development teams to identify resolution of testing and / or environmental variances. Escalate to management when necessary.
- Provide team escalation support
- Assist with the design and development of test tools and automation scripting
- Review & analyze test results as they become available
- Provide recommendations for service improvement through observation and customer feedback
- Contributes to successful project /task completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
- Identify technical training and education opportunities
- Ongoing technical documentation and improvement of processes
- Monitor production infrastructure using CDN monitoring systems
- Support LIII after hours on-call rotation
Education and Experience:
- Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or other related technical discipline
- Must have 5-7 years minimum relevant experience in a related technical role
- Hands-on deep level knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux/Unix OS
- Experience supporting complex distributed software systems
- Previous demonstrated experience in a team leader or supervisory role
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with scripting in Linux/Unix systems
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively across support teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- A self-starter with a strong ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment
- Strong desire to work with others to improve support practices and processes
- Previous experience of ITIL methodologies an asset
Please note: this is a 6-month contract opportunity.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please