Venue Administrator – Playdium, Whitby
- 75 Consumers Dr, Whitby, ON L1N 9S2, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called Playdium.
The new Playdium is 30,000 square feet of games and food for teens, kids and families to explore, connect and play. Featuring state of the art Virtual Reality, video and redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational activities like rope courses and bowling – Playdium will be an unbeatable amusement and gaming experience. Perfect for groups of friends and families to engage in friendly competition, celebrate special occasions or simply hang out. Featuring fresh food options at a sit-down family restaurant, and fast casual dining, both accommodating for all types of occasions.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Venue Administrator – Playdium, Whitby, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at our Playdium, Whitby located at 75 Consumers Dr, Whitby, ON L1N 9S2.
Your role is to provide administrative support to ensure the operations of Playdium. This role will give you the opportunity to observe and contribute to the full cycle of venue operations in an administrative capacity.
- Support personnel administration including the inputting of new hires, creation of swipe cards and organizing files as required
- Assist with venue paperwork and filing, orientation materials and communication
- Assist management in dealing with inquiries, and seeking appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with other venue staff and management to ensure that venue needs are properly attended to in a timely manner
- Support inventory management of venue supplies and administrative tools
- Oversee the management and routing of customer questions and phone calls related to the venue
- Attend required meetings while taking, consolidating and distributing minutes
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay
- Support the location with cash administration
- Support the location with phone coverage
- Maintain adequate supply of shipping documentation and supplies
- Organize and track shipment and receipt of all packages leaving and entering venue
- Schedule daily transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Washroom checks
In addition to 2-3 years’ experience in a professional or commercial environment in an administrative role, you will possess:
- Commitment to a team approach
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Has a general sense of urgency and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to foster strong client relationships
- Highly organized
- Strong Microsoft office skills required
- Extended hours as required
- Extended time sitting while using a computer
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please