Project Manager / Business Analyst – AudioVisual
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department at our Home Office in Toronto has an immediate opening for the position of Project Manager / Business Analyst – AudioVisual reporting directly to the Manager, AV and Digital Signage.
The successful candidate will work closely with Business Groups, IT Resources and 3rd party vendors to deliver service and productivity solutions that provide value to our internal and external customers. Specific deliverables include:
Role & Responsibility
The successful candidate will be work within the product roadmap / lifecycle of Location Based Entertainment (LBE) Team Initiatives as well as the Digital Signage portfolio. Working closely with internal business groups, vendors and partners, this individual will provide project management, business analysis, functional expertise and 3rd tier support. More specifically, the deliverables include:
- Understanding “The Business” of the applicable Applications validating business value, requirements and workflow, to ensure that the solution proposed will meet the need and add value. Ensure requirements are thorough.
- Document requirements in a concise and clear manner
- Develop processes to manage change ensuring that changes in the build and QA cycles are validated and well merited while keeping the critical path in mind
- Author, own and keep up to date a plan of tasks, timing and people that will ensure success. Ensure key people validate the plan when it undergoes change. Ensure that the remaining effort is clear and up to date.
- Contribute to Scrums and Status updates as needed
- Own status update meeting with project contributors and stakeholders
- Prioritize project deliverables based on business need and dependencies.
- Marshal resources appropriately through the project, ensuring they and their managers have ample notice of upcoming tasks and target dates
- Keeping resource managers and business stakeholders informed and engaged throughout a project - addressing their concerns and managing their expectation appropriately. A weekly update email should be part of the regular cycle of communication beyond individual meetings.
- Keep executive stakeholders informed and committed to championing the work.
- Communicate in an effective manner. While E-mail is a useful tool, it is not always the best method of communication. Choose the best method of communication, whether it is e-mail, a quick call followed up by an e-mail, or a meeting.
Roadmap, Client and Portfolio Management
- Provide prompt responses to stakeholder questions. Ensure that you don’t lose sight of communications or individual task threads - ensuring that at the very least communication is maintained and items remain on the radar.
- Keeping your roadmap up to date with latest asks of the business, re-prioritizing appropriately in line with the strategic objectives of the business and management.
- Regular stakeholder and senior stakeholder communications/meetings/touch points to review the roadmap and ensure we are aligned. Ensure we are changing as the business changes.
- Address the demand of the business by doing what can be done to move new requests along the process as best as possible while other projects may be the current focus of the team.
- Keeping quick wins and smaller initiatives moving - always delivering some progress - while larger projects may be taking their time to complete.
- Explain technical details in a manner that non-technical clients and stakeholders can understand.
Functional Role & Solution Delivery
- Be a corporate functional expert, understanding how the different roles within the business and outside the business operate the application.
- Ensure that documenting is authored and curated for all standard operating practices particular to Cineplex (working with business owners).
- Where appropriate understand how the application configuration is maintained and managed.
- Develop the skills and knowhow to build out of the box solutions with these technologies, to deliver quick wins to the business & overcome challenges.
- Keep up to date with the latest and greatest regarding this technology, by following blogs, forums and user groups and other relevant information sources.
Quality Assurance Management
- Authoring and curating a library of functional test scripts for the applications and business processes within your portfolio - ensuring that the scope of the business and functionality of the application is accurately covered.
- Ensure that necessary changes to test scripts as result of failures in test cycles are factored back into said test scripts in a timely manner (so as to not lose sight of them)
- With each application feature release, author/update test scripts that cover these new features.
- Marshalling business stakeholder test signatories through the user acceptance testing cycles, acquiring appropriate sign-off artifacts at the end of this cycle.
- Work with the QA Automation Specialist to migrate our current paper based test processes to automated solutions - learning these new test tools and then training users appropriately.
Housekeeping & Managing Up:
- Adopt and leverage the IT tools, standards, protocol, processes, and cadence of Software Solutions team used to deliver on the success factors noted above.
- Escalate appropriately and timely when a situation threatens the success factors noted above.
- Understand that support is our most important priority that is shared with other support personnel
- Prompt response to support threads.
- Triaging effectively to determine business impact and sense of urgency around a support case - providing prompt attention to incidents with the highest impact to the business
- Effective problem investigation that leads to problem isolation. This involves the acquisition of all evidence available (logs, accurate UX accounts, app data etc.), leveraging technology specialists, lining up the timing of events to present probable narratives, narrowing possibilities based on the evidence and not wasting time on hypothesis with clear evidence to the contrary.
- Effective management of support tickets with 3rd party Software Vendors, which involves: accurately documenting the issue within the support management tool of the vendor, including all necessary evidence to help 3rd party team isolate situation, documenting repeatable steps that produce the issue, prompt response to vendor support team queries, facilitation of calls or screen casts to assist in isolating/understanding issue, connect business users when necessary, prompting vendor team appropriately for incident updates to ensure momentum on investigation/solution.
- Reducing your support load by appropriate hand off to business owners and support personnel (CMC, Guest Services etc.). Hand off includes: Knowledge Base authoring and curating, communicating and coordinating effectively with support personnel management to ensure the appropriate training.
- Periodically reviewing all knowledge base materials within your portfolio to ensure that it is up to date and reflective of any recent changes in the environment.
- Keeping up to date on new features and functions of software & services being leveraged in your portfolio.
- Periodically touching base with support teams, reviewing KB materials and ensuring that support team are fully armed.
- Escalating to support personnel management when support teams have failed to handle a support case appropriately or have handed off too soon to second tier support without leveraging KB materials/training. Reviewing and adjusting process if necessary as a result of consultation with support personnel management.
- Always analyzing support incidents types, to isolate improvements to knowledge base, business processes, training or application features (likely all) - and then making these changes a priority to be addressed - drumming up the necessary support from other stakeholders and driving the changes needed to reduce support and empower users.
- Adopt and leverage the IT tools, standards, protocol, processes, and cadence of the Software Solutions team used to deliver on the success factors noted above.
- Escalating appropriately when a situation threatens the success factors noted above.
Skills & Experience
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Professional Accreditation in Project Management would be considered and asset
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in a relevant role
- Proven track record of IT Project Management and Business Analysis.
- Proven track record in working with internal and external customers while meeting tight timelines
- Experience in Restaurant Customer Service
- Experience working in a Digital Signage/Customer Engagement environment including a software platform that integrates command and controls along with technology such as LCDs, LEDs, kiosks, considered an asset
- Experience in writing User Stories and Documenting User Requirements
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent Meeting Management and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent judgement and triage skills
- A solid overarching understanding of system technology and architecture
- Must be self motivated and be able to manage and motivate others
- A solid understanding of databases, schema and querying
- Must have the ability to methodically troubleshoot technical issues
- Expertise with Microsoft professional office and project management productivity tools, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, Visual Studio, and VSTS.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast paced environment.
- Must have flexibility with respect to working hours
Values and Personality
- A technologist – a self-learner who loves and can pick up new technologies.
- Someone who is Guest Experience focused - committed to delivering client satisfaction.
- Someone with an eye for detail – with the user experience in mind.
- A communicator, one who takes pride in ensuring that the message is always received and understood.
- A planner who understand the impact of change and can manage change to scope and project timelines.
- A scientifically minded individual, keen to isolate the facts.
- A strategist, an organizer – always comes prepared.
- Someone tenacious and committed, with a “CAN DO” attitude!
- Someone who can calmly prioritize and work on multiple initiatives at once.
- Someone charismatic and respectful of others, able to forge strong relationships.
- Someone who can consistently produce quality results within limited timelines
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please