Human Resources Manager
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the role of Human Resources Manager, reporting to the Executive Director, Human Resources.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for, in partnership with HR Centres of Excellence (COEs), supporting the talent strategy for the entire employee life cycle, including sourcing and selecting, on-boarding, performance management, employee engagement, developing talent and resolving employee relations issues. This role focuses on being a business partner, organizational effectiveness enabler, people collaborator and culture champion.
- Aid managers in identifying internal candidates from an established talent pool using talent review and performance management data;
- Actively participate in the interview process for open positions, identifying positive qualifications as well as those that may be of concern. Partner with hiring managers in all final hiring decisions for management level candidates;
- Follow up with all newly hired and promoted managers within their first 90 days to conduct pulse interviews and ensure they have been on-boarded as per the company programs.
- Partner with COEs to manage the annual talent review process with the business to include: identification of top talent, succession planning, selection, promotion and transfer of internal candidates for growth positions;
- Work in conjunction with senior leaders, Executive Director, Talent and Learning and Executive Director, HR in determining the most value-add training needs based on business needs and development gaps identified through the talent review process;
- Focus on developing successors and talent in strategic and critical roles, establishing specific individual development plans and timed action plans for performance improvement, as needed;
- Deliver training and other workshops, ensuring ensure maximum knowledge transfer and sustained behaviour change.
- Establish credibility and influence as a leader amongst managers and employees;
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers to enhance their leadership skills;
- Provide advice and support to employees in areas of the Cineplex performance Check-ins;
- In conjunction with managers, create action plans for underperforming employees that provide them with the direction and support needed to improve their performance;
- Support and guide managers and employees regarding Company policies, HR programs administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
- Proactively address employee relations issues by coaching on how to investigate and address situations in adherence with the law and policies and practices at Cineplex;
- Conduct exit interviews for all full time salaried employees who voluntarily resign and identify themes and trends for Centre of Excellence to assess and address if needed;
- Provide effective coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary strategies on all employee relations issues, up to and including terminations;
- Partner with managers on high risk/complex written communications/discipline to be administered ensuring consistency amongst client groups.
- 5-7 years’ HR Business Partner/HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or HR certification preferred. CHRP/CHRL designation an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant provincial employment standards and legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a busy multi-location environment
- Understanding of org structure for multi-unit big box organizations
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience delivering training content
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion
- Sound judgment and have the ability to work within all levels of the company
- Excellent customer service, understands a "hands on approach" to providing HR support
- Confident and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong MS Office skills, technical abilities and a familiarity with HRIS, recruitment, learning, succession planning and performance management tools
- Strong communication/facilitation skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please