Administrative Assistant - WorldGaming
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
WorldGaming, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive gaming community both online and in live venues. To learn more about WorldGaming please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon
Cineplex Entertainment and its division WorldGaming currently have an opening for the position of Administrative Assistant, reporting to the General Manager and Finance Manager at WorldGaming. The purpose of this role will be to provide i) general administrative support to the General Manager and Vice President, Business Development and ii) finance administrative duties to the Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
General Administrative Duties
- Manage expense reports for the General Manager and Vice President, Business Development as needed, ensuring accurate submission by the processing deadlines
- Manage and coordinate travel arrangements for the General Manager and Vice President, Business Development as needed
- Manage correspondence for the General Manager, including handling internal and external inquiries, exercise judgment with incoming requests to assist team in allocating time effectively
- Manage calendars, coordinate meetings, conference calls and events
- Coordinate various team meetings for the WorldGaming Network staff and Leadership Team
Finance Administrative Duties
- Maintaining and organizing files and system documentation
- Assist with the preparation, formatting, and proof reading of financial reports in both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and utilizing filters, V-Lookups, Pivot tables, and rolling forward financial reports
- Assist with the processing of invoices, payables, and vendor communication
- Assist in compiling and summarizing expense reports
- Assist in preparation of internal and external presentations, board and other meeting materials
- Other administrative duties and miscellaneous projects as required.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with at least two years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, preferably in a Finance department. Applicants must be mature self-starters, detail oriented, discreet and efficient. The successful candidate will develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees and external contacts, by applying a passionate guest service focus and consistently demonstrating our Cineplex Values. Expert use of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are necessary for this position. Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please