Field Training Specialist
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience
The Human Resources department currently has an opportunity available for a Field Training Specialist, supporting The Rec Room, Playdium and Top Golf, reporting to the Director, Human Resources,The Rec Room & Playdium.
This position will be responsible for supporting the ideation, design and facilitation of training material for both new and existing Rec Room, Playdium and Top Golf locations, nationally. This position will be based out of the Rec Room Support Centre in Toronto, with frequent travel to locations across Canada.
Please Note: All internal applicants must have consulted with their direct supervisor prior to submitting an application for consideration.
The Field Training Specialist (FTS) role is a national position with a strong partnership with Location Based Entertainment (LBE) Support Centre (corporate head office), local brand management teams and the broader Human Resources team. The FTS is involved in: overseeing and ensuring that new and existing locations execute training programs according to national standards. This includes overseeing the on-boarding of newly hired and newly promoted management, working with each of the brand management teams to ensure effective on-the-job training for all levels within the locations, executing post-opening training plans, and supporting Managers and Players who are delivering theoretical and practical training. The FTS provides coaching and training sustainment solutions to brand managers to ensure a consistent, high level of execution, supporting business initiatives from a learning and succession management perspective. Along with the Human Resources team, FTS analyzes all location-specific and national data, including employee opinion results, guest feedback results, performance management results, business results and other available metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of training execution and identify additional training opportunities. The FTS will also contribute to the design of training solutions to meet targeted corporate strategies and objectives, as required.
- Provides training, coaching and guidance throughout hiring and training fairs for new builds with FOH and BOH knowledge.
- Designs and creates bespoke training for food, beverage and amusement operations leveraging internal subject matter expertise
- Ensures consistency of execution of all training and development programs within locations
- Contributes to the creation and oversees the execution of training plans for new builds and acts as a project manager for relevant training-related activities
- Through regular location visits and conversations with managers at all levels, continuously evaluates and adjusts the support and development provided in each location, based on key performance indicators and metrics.
- Helps to coordinate a training calendar, prioritize activities based on the needs of the market and establish monthly training deliverables
- Acts as a leader and ambassador for all brand (LBE) programs, within Cineplex Academy and is responsible for training results
- Assists the HR Team and the Corporate Risk and Audit team in ensuring that location managers are scheduling and monitoring all nationally and provincially required training for employees, such as legislated training on Health and safety, First Aid, Smart Serve, etc. to ensure national and provincial compliance
- 2-5 years of experience in a management or training position, with strong knowledge of full-service restaurant dining, food and beverage and/or entertainment centre operations
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends, evenings and holidays including extended travel periods during new build pre-opening and post-opening time periods, in support of national operations
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and hands-on training skills, for small or large audiences at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Adaptable, able work well under pressure and demonstrating flexibility and resilience through managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Able to flex leadership styles to develop others to achieve to their fullest potential
- Emphasis on teamwork, innovation, accountability, execution and commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to drive financial performance, guest and employee satisfaction
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please