- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Lease Administration department currently has an opening for the position of Lease Administrator, reporting directly to the Manager, Lease Administration.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Process landlord Rental Advice Notices and Year-End Common Area Maintenance statements for approximately 70 leased locations.
- Confirm assessed values, ensure that the Landlord’s methodology is in compliance with lease agreements and provincial legislation, and process interim and final property tax payments for approximately 70 leased locations.
- Identify cost savings through in-depth analysis of landlord invoices and effective lease interpretation and negotiate with landlords to ensure expenses are accurate, reasonable and in compliance with the terms of our lease agreements.
- Generate gross sales/revenue reports and process payments, if applicable, in compliance with the terms of the Company’s lease agreements.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Cineplex Entertainment’s landlords, theatre management, internal stakeholders, and third-party consultants.
- Provide lease interpretation and guidance to Operations, ensure both landlords and local management adhere to the terms of the lease with respect to their areas of responsibility and intercede when necessary to settle any contentious issues.
- Visit assigned properties whenever possible to meet with local management and acquire first-hand knowledge of sites and their operational issues.
- Review and summarize lease obligations, theatre performance and market conditions and present synopses and recommendations to Real Estate with respect to lease renewals.
- Assist Real Estate in the lease renewal process.
- Regularly maintain the property management data-base and update departmental reports to accurately reflect the Company’s lease commitments and financial obligations to ensure informed decision making.
- Prepare Estoppel Certificates as requested.
- Provide expertise and feedback to Business Units and Functional Areas in support of the development and implementation of their strategies and initiatives while ensuring lease compliance. Liaise with landlords in order to obtain necessary approvals to proceed with these initiatives.
- Ensure central repository of lease agreements and amending documentation for assigned properties is updated upon execution.
- Provide ad-hoc reports to the Vice President, Lease Administration, and other Senior Management as required from time to time.
- A post-secondary education and 3-5 years of Lease Administration experience.
- Strong lease interpretation skills.
- Solid analytical and accounting abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and able to negotiate effectively.
- Thorough understanding of occupancy costs (CAM, property taxes, utilities and percentage rent).
- Superior MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Organized, professional with an ability to multi-task and have exceptional time management skills.
- Works well under pressure and is committed to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft an asset.
- Experience in monitoring property taxes and dealing with tax consultants a plus.
- Fluency in French an asset, but not a requirement.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please