Hourly Server Assistant - The Rec Room West Edmonton
- Unit 2065, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Server Assistant – The Rec Room West Edmonton, reporting to the Restaurant Manager, The Rec Room West Edmonton. This position will be based at our West Edmonton Rec Room located at Unit 2065, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB.
The Server Assistant will primarily be responsible for delivering food and beverages to guests in multiple departments of the building, and clearing tables and the bar as soon as guests leave their seating in the restaurant or bar. The Server Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the food and beverages are being delivered at the correct temperature (hot is hot; cold is cold), presentable, and that nothing is missing from the plate, glass, platter, or the overall order. This will include bringing condiments to the table, utensils, and other items upon request.
The Server Assistant will be working closely with Dishwashers to make sure that there are always clean plates and flatware for each table in the dining room and bar. The Server Assistant will also ensure liquor supplies, glassware and ice supplies are filled to sustain service levels at the bar. When required, the Server Assistant will obtain and deliver supplies as required by the Bar staff and Managers. When required, he / she will be required to change kegs in the walk-in fridge or portable bars if applicable.
The Server Assistant must perform their duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience to ensure that the guests have an enjoyable hospitality experience, in the dining room, bar, amusement floor, or Shed area.
- Deliver prepared food to guests, ensuring the entire table’s food arrives at the same time.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals have been prepared to the Rec Room standard and the Guest’s specification, and is delivered to the correct guest by table and seat number.
- Deliver food items with appropriate condiments when required.
- Return food and drink items if a change or correction is required, and return the newly prepared item to the guest after the necessary changes have been made.
- Fill water glasses and refillable drinks – demonstrate a behaviour mindset of “hospitality.”
- Collaborate with wait staff to ensure that tables are cleared, cleaned and waiting for the next party.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to the kitchen or bar after guests are finished.
- Assist with and maintain the cleanliness of the restaurant and bar areas, maintain clean appearances.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Wash glassware and utensils from the bar area in the bar specified dishwasher after each use.
- Provide assistance to the wait staff, bar staff and kitchen staff as needed.
- Maintain liquor and bar supplies during shift.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Handle and move objects such as glasses and bottles.
- Change Kegs in the walk-in Bar fridge.
- Prepare bar beverage garnishes to recipe / as instructed.
- Assist in washing dishes if the kitchen staff gets behind during the busier times of the day.
- Arrange tables for large parties and prepare the banquet hall for scheduled gatherings.
- Ensure guest service is paramount during work hours.
- Keep an eye on tables and alert servers if guests need drink refills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED, or currently in progress. All applicants must be 18 years or older.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Server Assistant, Runner, Barback or Busser, or in a similar capacity considered an asset.
- Strong guest service skills.
- High flexibility and adaptability skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to complete multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please