Quality Assurance Analyst
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Quality Assurance Analyst, reporting to the Software Development Manager, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 369 York Street in London, Ontario N6B 3R4.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will work closely with multiple teams, including: R&D, Business Development, UX Design, Operations, in producing new consumer-facing Web applications, improving/maintaining existing ones and addressing users’ needs, experience and usability requirements. The Quality Assurance Analyst is expected to possess high initiative and has the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and has excellent expertise and experience in software development life-cycle and quality engineering.
- Participate in Agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, retrospective, stand-up and cross training
- Design, develop, document and execute automated and manual test cases for user interfaces, web services and integration across applications
- Participate in the maintenance, upgrade, optimization of existing CDM solutions
- Lead the development team in tracking releasable items and their deployment into UAT environments
- Be a champion for quality on the team
- Assist in root cause analysis
- Contribute to code reviews and design reviews
- Track and report on quality metrics associated with software under test
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 2+ years’ experience in test/quality roles on software delivery teams or software quality assurance teams
- Experience in a mature engineering organization building and testing packaged software products
- Experience developing and maintaining automated system, interface and performance tests
- Experience designing, analyzing and testing enterprise-scale applications with OO approach
- Up to date with the latest Quality Assurance best practices and frameworks
- Experience with scripting, software development, and automation
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (experience with non-relational databases would be a plus)
- Experience in the digital signage, media, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
- Proven ability in problem solving, decision making and leadership
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please