Executive Director of Sponsorship & Partnership Sales - WorldGaming
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
WorldGaming, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive gaming community both online and in live venues. To learn more about WorldGaming please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon.
WorldGaming currently has an opening for the position of Executive Director of Sponsorship & Partnership Sales reporting to the General Manager, WorldGaming. This position will be based at our WorldGaming office located at 1300 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario.
The Executive Director of Sponsorship & Partnership Sales for WorldGaming Network (including Collegiate StarLeague) will manage a large assigned territory and maximize the revenue potential derived from the sale of sponsorship, partnership, and advertising vehicles supporting all programming and packages offered by WorldGaming Network and its subsidiary Collegiate StarLeague. Also, this role will actively support the sponsorship and partnership sales initiatives being conducted by the various sales and partnership agencies contracted by WorldGaming & Collegiate StarLeague, as well as with the Cineplex Media sales team; once qualified by the contracted agencies and/or the Cineplex Media sales team, the Executive Director of Sponsorship & Partnership Sales will get involved with the respective clients and sales initiatives to assist in the close and finalization the sale of the respective sponsorship.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with new and existing clients/agencies, sustain client loyalty to WorldGaming/CSL
- Be able to articulate cohesively and entirely the WorldGaming & CSL market position, mission, goals, and value proposition to brands, publishers, platforms, partners, media agencies, and more.
- Achieve/exceed all quarterly and annual WorldGaming & CSL sponsorship sales goals
- Extend the existing client base through the identification and pursuit of new clients/agencies.
- Ensure that all prospective clients, partners, their programs, products, and advertising media reflect and support the image and values of the WorldGaming/CSL and Cineplex brands.
- Contribute positively to the education and efforts of the contracted agencies and the Cineplex Media Sales team regarding esports and WorldGaming Network and CSL programming opportunities, ensuring that the whole team’s goals are met.
- Ensure regular weekly sponsorship prospects’ sales and opportunities status is provided for key stakeholders
- Participate actively in the management of the WorldGaming Network/CSL Manager of Client Services as well as less experienced personnel in the Sponsorship/Partnership Sales department. Ensure that the GM/CEO of WorldGaming is fully aware of all performance issues or concerns.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to articulate the WorldGaming platform, programming, and packages, as well as the overarching esports and competitive gaming business. Ensure that programs and sponsorships, their timing and execution, remain reasonable in the context of that environment.
- Maintain a good, current understanding of competing competitive gaming platforms, their sponsorship and advertising philosophies and strategies.
- Create, manage, and contribute toward the preparation of client briefings or presentations.
- Track all relevant brand activity in the competitive gaming space, leverage and utilize for helping identify and close WorldGaming and CSL sponsorship sales activities.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for the gaming and esports industry
- Love for innovation, creativity, and entrepreunership.
- Minimum of three years of media, traditional sports, or esports sponsorship/partnership sales experience.
- Solid client and agency contacts.
- Proven track record of sustained sales success.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Superior computer skills (proficiency in MS-PowerPoint and MS-Excel).
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please