Administrative Assistant, SCENE
- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5C 2W1, Canada
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than eight million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies and restaurants. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®* debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program visit www.scene.ca.
SCENE has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized Administrative Assistant to make an immediate contribution to the team. This role reports to the Managing Director and will be based out of our SCENE office, 100 Yonge Street, Toronto.
Responsibilities will include general administrative support for the team and will include leading special projects related to the office and the team.
- Support for the SCENE management team, including organizing and scheduling meetings, handling logistics, expenses, communications and catering.
- Administrative support to the broader SCENE office including mailing and courier orders, file maintenance, office equipment maintenance, ordering supplies and office management.
- Manage office records and filing of official documents.
- Support preparations for significant meetings, including research, briefings and document creation.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, proposals, reports and tables.
- Organize and execute team social outings.
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate meeting rooms as required.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Assist with customer service complaint resolution when escalated from the call centre.
- Respond to customer inquiries on social media when additional support is required.
- Support the management of invoice and expense processing, accrual tracking, ensuring timelines are met, issues are flagged to appropriate teams, and efficiencies are maximized.
- Manage budget for administrative items.
- Code and track invoices, prepare Expenditure Authorization Forms (EAFs) and maintain related tracking.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Basic accounting skills
- Self-motivation and detail orientation, able to meet deadlines, take initiative, and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A service focus and superior interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Expertise in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Discretion and judgment necessary to treat confidential items and assignments appropriately
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail, with a critical eye for quality and accuracy
- A service mindset and team orientation
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please