Director, Exhibition and Digital Marketing (14-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Marketing department at our Home Office in Toronto is recruiting for the position of Director, Exhibition and Digital Marketing, reporting to the Executive Director, Exhibition Marketing. Please note: This is a 14-Month Maternity Leave Contract.
As one of the leaders and the digital marketing strategist on the Exhibition Marketing team, Director, Exhibition and Digital Marketing will be tasked with keeping up with and understanding industry best practices and emerging strategies that will keep the brand marketing up to date and ensure the business a competitive edge in brand awareness, consumer acquisition, retention and conversion.
With a specific focus on Digital, Brand and B2B Marketing – Director, Exhibition and Digital Marketing will be an integral part of a team that’s accountable for the development and execution of all identified Marketing-based initiatives related to driving awareness of various theatre amenities, attendance, revenue and guest engagement, while managing the health and development of Cineplex’s Exhibition and Digital Commerce brands; and overseeing paid media strategies across the Cineplex eco-system.
- As the digital marketing strategist of the Marketing team, work closely with the Digital Product, Research, Loyalty and Customer Insights teams to develop solutions to meet key business and brand objectives based on consumer insight and data, and leverage trends and technologies such as SEM and SEO and properly analyze key metrics.
- Be the brand champion for the Exhibition and Digital Commerce businesses, and manage the consistent presentation and representation of our brands across all touch points.
- Lead development of customer-focused brand strategies and campaigns for our Exhibition and Digital Commerce brands.
- Oversee and manage the marketing strategy for the Digital Commerce (Cineplex Store) and Groups and Events business units.
- Work with the key stakeholders in Media, Digital Media and Location Based Entertainment teams to explore and maximize B2B and business development opportunities across the Cineplex eco-system.
- Oversee centralized media buying and lead the development of a new paid media framework that tracks ROAS based on attribution modelling.
- In working closely with the media agency, bring forward emerging and innovative applications such as voice recognition and AI to enhance Cineplex’s marketing mix that supports its various businesses.
- Work with in-house Creative and Content teams to develop an owned channel strategy within the Cineplex guest journey to most efficiently drive awareness of key products such as the mobile app and its features to enhance the guest experience and maximize spend.
- Work with the PR and Communications team to maximize earned media opportunities for various occasions and key campaigns year-round
- Manage a team of 5 marketing professionals.
- Manage the annual strategic planning and budgeting exercise for your group and make recommendations.
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing marketing and branding strategies.
- Relevant work experience as a Digital Marketing Strategist or Digital Marketing Manager
- Demonstrable experience with SEO/SEM and CRM software
- Relevant experience in DMP implementation and optimization to support paid media strategies
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Hands on experience with online marketing tools and practices
- Ability to analyze web traffic metrics and recommend actionable solutions to boost web presence
- Proven experience developing conversion based integrated marketing strategies across the customer journey, including traditional, out of home, experiential and digital touch points.
- Ability to follow a proper creative and media brief protocol
- Demonstrated experience designing and reporting on media strategies and plans that support marketing and business objectives.
- Experience with data and customer segmentation as the basis for discovering actionable insights.
- Experience leading and managing both B2B and B2C Marketing initiatives
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- 3+ years of leadership experience, including leading cross-functional teams.
- Retail, entertainment industries, or agency experience an asset
- Planning and execution of events an asset
- A tech savvy trend setter and creative thinker in designing customer-focused marketing solutions with a fresh approach that can take measured risks.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom with innovative ideas.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment – Knows how to make prioritization a priority.
- Ability to manage and operate comfortably at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Analytical thinking, both from a customer experience and business results perspective.
- Ability to influence across and up without reporting line authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- MBA is preferred.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please