Social Media Manager/Web Producer (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Content Marketing group at our Home Office in Toronto is seeking a Social Media Manager/Web Producer, to write, produce and manage content on our social media channels as part of our digital content team. The ideal candidate is a team player who is creative, organized, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator with a positive attitude and a passion for movies. They are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage a deadline-based schedule, proactively plan projects, and anticipate and troubleshoot problems efficiently. This position will report to the Senior Editor, Digital Content. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Publishes and promotes content across Cineplex digital platforms, including social (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and, occasionally, website.
- Develops social media content against calendars/priorities, liaise with internal teams/stakeholders to help bring campaigns to life.
- Creates engaging copy for social media posts (considering audience, keywords, trending hashtags, and tagging).
- Maintains a monthly content calendar for key social channels.
- Commissions all required social creative assets working with creative team and producers or sourcing images/clips from studios when made available.
- Sets-up and executes paid social ads, when required. Monitors ads to ensure their performing optimally.
- Works with Marketing Managers to maintain social best practices (advertising & creative development) when briefing in campaigns meant for social.
- Monitors social feedback and regularly engages with our social community to drive positive fan engagement and conversation (community management).
- Monitors social trends, influencers and relevant news, to determine opportune time to engage in the social conversation as it relates to the Cineplex brand and its priorities.
- Monitors social media news for new features, tools, and shares insights with other content team members.
- Reviews social analytics and look out for positive and negative trends. Participate in team meetings to analyze content performance, and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Converses with internal Studio Relations on promotional opportunities on priority titles or to request assets that are social-friendly.
- Attends weekly meetings with Digital Content team and Marketing Managers and Stakeholders for theatrical, events and store.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2-5 years social media management in channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, especially, YouTube
- Experience in content creation for social media
- Experience in pulling and interpreting metrics
- Familiarity with social media management tools, such as Sprinklr
- Experience using Photoshop and content management systems an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing skills, design sense and editorial judgment
- Excellent communication skills – always proactively thinking ahead and involving collaborators to work towards shared project goals
- Highly organized with strong project coordination and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently
- Positive attitude – willing to accept constructive criticism and direction
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Passionate about movies and pop culture savvy
- Innovative in finding creative ways to present content or push boundaries to speak to a specific audience
- Bilingual in French would be considered a strong asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please