Senior Graphic Designer (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our home office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Graphic Designer, reporting to the Art Director. Please note: this is a 12-month contract position.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and advertising were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of art, you fell in love. Design is a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian’s be inspired to seek our pleasure at some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more.
As a Senior Designer, your work will be seen by millions of people across the country.
You’ll get to help evolve existing brands and help build new ones. We are looking for a confident, curious, strategic problem solver and a collaborator. Someone who can take ideas from brief, to a sketch and to the final art without a hitch and are consumed with creating and refining ideas that are engaging. You will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Lead the creative process from concept to visualization and final execution.
- Design across multiple platforms and media
- Provide creative concepts for advertising campaigns
- Able to work with a small team and work with Production Designers under tight timelines
- Update projects and colleagues in project management software
- Participate in creative ideation sessions for creative briefs
- Manage creative assets, and ensure they are catalogued and up to date.
- Assist in delivery & packaging of creative files for printers & distribution as needed
- 5-6 year’s experience required.
- Understanding of print standards & methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey creative concepts to the client.
- Strong layout abilities and design fundamentals
- Be committed to professional development, staying on top of design and industry trends.
- Expert attention to detail, and an eye for catching inconsistencies
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure and to a strict deadline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please