Product Manager - Platform Products (9-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented individual, who excels in a team-oriented environment to join the Digital Product team as Product Manager – Platform Products where you will play a key role in defining and developing our integrated platform products and delivery tools; working collaboratively in an agile environment to bring these new integrations to life! Please note: this is a 9-month contract opportunity.
The ideal candidate loves to work with digital content and, is excited by cutting edge technology, digital data and content management and delivery tools. As a key team-member, you will play a role developing roadmaps and strategies while paying close attention to ensure ongoing fit in the larger Cineplex ecosystem.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates discovery sessions with stakeholders to create comprehensive requirements; deconstructing high-level information into Features and User Stories for implementation and future evolution of the product set
- Leads partnership with internal and external (technical and non-technical) teams to ensure product configuration is aligned with needs and meets best practices standards
- Engages closely and collaboratively with content producers, marketing teams, digital development teams, and IT to ensure platform product feature sets align with business objectives and customer needs
- Works closely with other members of the Product Management team and Platform team to ensure seamless integration of platform products and tools
- Brokers consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs and manages ongoing iterative Roadmaps for product set
- Prioritizes among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulate rationale (hard data, metrics, competition, etc.) behind decisions for prioritization and MVP definition
- Participates in brainstorming of creative solutions and problem-solving to balance product deliverables and resources with business needs and market opportunities
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of consumer product management experience required, preferably with streaming media and/or internet-based applications and services
- 2+ years working in the Content Production/Delivery or Asset Management areas
- 1+ years working with Data Systems, Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Experience working with integrated vendor products or in-house Content Management Systems
- Experience with / Strong understanding of Metadata Schema/Taxonomy creation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with search, personalization, etc. a plus
- High proficiency with Analytics tools like Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics
- Excellent organizational, statistical, strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, startup experience will be valued
- Inherent passion about the intersection of consumer behavior, technology trends, and media
- Strong understanding of digital entertainment/gaming a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean product development environment is preferred
- Supplier management and vendor management experience
- MS Office high proficiency
Desired Personal Profile:
- Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about web applications and digital content
- Good natured, sociable, creative, and diligent individual who is driven, detail-oriented, and dedicated
- Individual should be passionate about all things Entertainment!
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please