Product Manager - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Product Manager, reporting to the Executive Director, Product Management, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) division at 137 Northfield Dr. W, Waterloo ON.
As Product Manager, you are responsible for the commercial success of a product or solution, overseeing it through all stages of the product life cycle, including ideation, design, build, launch, growth, enhancement and eventual end-of-life. As a member of the Product Management team, this role is a mix of technical expertise and business savvy, with a critical focus on solving customer needs, monitoring market trends and providing differentiated value.
- Defines product vision and strategy for an offering that meets customer needs, communicating & championing it across the organization
- Guides the offering throughout the lifecycle, and drives its success through product optimization and timely decision making
- Acts as a market and competitive expert, using a data-driven approach, bringing research and insight from outside the business to the rest of the organization for use in decision making and positioning and reduce potential threats
- With empathy for the user, researches and validates market problems supported by customer interactions and discussions with technology & channel partners to gain insight
- Analyzes numerous market segments and works with the team and leadership to identify and make decisions on which markets are the best opportunities to pursue
- Contribute to buy/build/partner assessments and decisions
- Measures, monitors and manages the performance of the offering(s) in the marketplace and leads recommendations for actions to evolve appropriately
- Develops and owns a roadmap for the offering to articulate the vision and future, including several versions appropriate for internal and external audiences
- Creates and maintains a business plan that makes a compelling case for continued company investment in your products
- Envisions and owns product pricing, market and channel strategies and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to execute on these plans
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders such as marketing, sales, support, to ensure alignment, meet enablement needs, and provide advocacy
- Creates user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Knows why we are winning and losing in the market and closely monitors product metrics to drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement
- Is a product advocate both internally and externally, communicating the differentiated value of the offering to varying audiences in varying contexts
- Coordinates product releases and life cycle changes with development, marketing, sales, operations, and support teams
- 5+ years of product management, marketing, development or technical role experience
- Tech savvy, creative thinking and passionate about building products and solutions
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data and strong analytical skills to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Curious in and comfortable with holding professional conversations with our target customers, influencers and users
- Must be a strong speaker/presenter in front of senior representatives in both internal and external audiences
- Excellent relationship management skills to interact with cross functional teams (accounts, customer success, finance, BD, customer solutions, etc.), leadership representatives, customers and partners
- Strong ability to influence others
- Proven ability to understand and articulate customer’s perspectives, the problems they face and define use case scenarios
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience with product management methodologies (e.g. Pragmatic Marketing, Pivotal Product Management, Sirius Decisions, etc.)
- Subject matter expert/industry experience a strong advantage
- MBA or similar business-oriented master degree preferred
- Software, hardware, interactive, mobile and web-based content technologies and solutions experience preferred
- Worked in collaboration with agile-based software product development teams an asset
- No restrictions on Domestic or International travel
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.