Team Lead, Information Technology (Cineplex Call and Monitoring Centre)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department has an immediate opening for the position of Team Lead, Information Technology (Cineplex Call & Monitoring Centre), reporting directly to the Manager, Cineplex Call and Monitoring Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day helpdesk support as well as assisting the CMC Manager in the leading, motivating and monitoring the activities of the first level helpdesk within the Cineplex Monitoring Centre.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Leading and motivating the CMC team to achieve goals and milestones set by the CMC Manager.
- Organizing and supervising the activities of the CMC team to ensure the CMC is providing proactive support and monitoring.
- Ensuring the CMC is providing a positive customer service experience to all internal and external customers.
- Providing daily and weekly activity reports to the CMC Manager.
- Proactively monitor and support components of the Cineplex Systems Infrastructure;
- Develop and update detailed support documentation contained within the CMC
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of end user applications and hardware platforms including POS, Proprietary and “Shrink Wrap” systems; Address and resolve incoming issues from personnel at all theatre, Home Office and external locations with emphasis on resolving issues at first point of contact;
- Ensure ticketing software is updated and maintained according to Corporate guidelines;
- Utilize software tools for proactive support and to correct issues remotely;
- Provide remote support for both POS and back office equipment;
- Participate in system deployments including POS rollouts / upgrades, back office upgrades, printer replacements and Network upgrades;
- Work closely with internal IT resources and third party vendors in resolving Hardware / Software issues at Cineplex Entertainment;
- Participate in any projects and duties as assigned by IT Management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- MCSE and/or MCITP certification would be an asset.
- 3-5 years of I.T. related, Help Desk Support experience including at least 1 year in a Team Lead or Supervisory role.
- Customer service experience demonstrating application functionality.
- Experience with Vista POS Software or general retail POS systems would be an asset.
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Must be able to quickly acquire an in depth knowledge of multiple custom applications.
- Must be proficient with Window Operating Systems, MS office, and support tools.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Some on-call support may be required.
- Must be available for shift work including evenings & weekends.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please